Sublime Forum

BufferScroll

I’m afraid there is no event for project switching.
BTW, Sublime should send the on_close event when switching projects and when closing the application.

0 Likes

I made some little tweaks and added support for bookmarks and marks.

There is a little bug reproducible even without this plug-in that the first focused tab on switching projects sometimes don’t want to scroll, it stay on line 2.
I can live with that. : P

Regards

0 Likes

This plugin has the following bug:

When the same file is opened on different columns/rows, looks like there is no way to detect on which column/row/group the file is. On restoration all the diffferent column/row/group of that file will get the same scroll, bookmarks, selections, etc.

Looks like there is a need to know an ID of the position in the editor for a view. such “group+column+row”… any API?

0 Likes

Looks like there is a need to know an ID of the position in the editor for a view. such “group+column+row”

Yes, good fellow, yes!

0 Likes

Very nice find tito, I’ve been looking for something similar. Thanks!

0 Likes

I get a bit of “spam” in the console when I use your plugin (ST 2, v2165 portable):

app ready pre session restore time: 0.277987 Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 211, in on_deactivated callback.__module__, "on_deactivated", EVENT_TIMEOUT) File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 155, in run_timed_function ret = f() File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 210, in <lambda> run_timed_function(lambda: callback.on_deactivated(v), File ".\BufferScroll.py", line 33, in on_deactivated File ".\BufferScroll.py", line 77, in save AttributeError: 'View' object has no attribute 'folded_regions' wrote startup cache, added files: 2 orphaned files: 3 total files: 127 cache hits: 125 startup time: 0.362697 (package setup was not run) loaded 941 snippets Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 211, in on_deactivated callback.__module__, "on_deactivated", EVENT_TIMEOUT) File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 155, in run_timed_function ret = f() File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 210, in <lambda> run_timed_function(lambda: callback.on_deactivated(v), File ".\BufferScroll.py", line 33, in on_deactivated File ".\BufferScroll.py", line 77, in save AttributeError: 'View' object has no attribute 'folded_regions'

I have several files open but none of them is a duplicate (e.g. via “clone file”) of each other.

Regards,
Highend

0 Likes

Update the plugin and let me know if is not working.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have these lines with v2012.01.18.09.38.14, there isn’t any newer version available.

Regards,
Highend

0 Likes

You say you have version 2165 of portable edition.

Can you please open the console and paste the output of the following:

sublime.version()

It’s crazy because the line your are quoting is for greater versions.
github.com/SublimeText/BufferSc … oll.py#L76

Thanks

0 Likes

Sure:

>>> sublime.version() u'2165'

:smile:

0 Likes

:smiley:

I think the package is outdated. Or I’m not seeing something very obvious.

Can you check if the file
github.com/SublimeText/BufferSc … rScroll.py
is the same to “Packages/BufferScroll/BufferScroll.py”

Regards

0 Likes

Yes, they are identical (checked with Beyond Compare).

Maybe it’s the “u” in front of the ‘2165’ version number, that confuses your version check?

Regards,
Highend

0 Likes

Ok I see the error downloading your version.

sublime.version() returns a string instead of an int, and the check for version fails.

Fixed. Thank you

0 Likes

That’s, IIRC this version checking was working on previous versions, tested with SideBarEnhancements.

0 Likes

Confirmed, it’s fixed. Thank you!

Is it normal that it reloads it’s settings file (./Data/Packages/User/BufferScroll.sublime-settings) on each tab change / clicking on a file in the sidebar (just for the preview, not via doubleclick to load one)?

Regards,
Highend

0 Likes

Yes, because the application is not sending or do not want send some “events” such:

1 - Closing the application
2 - Closing a project
3 - Opening a project

Sorry for the message I have no control over that.

Regards,

0 Likes

Is not reloading, is saving. The message is somewhat misleading. :bulb:

0 Likes

A little bit, yeah but anyway, I have to live with that. Thanks again for fixing this little “bug” so fast and for your kind responses!

Regards,
Highend

0 Likes

The plugin doesn’t work correctly in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1:

1. Open some file
  2. Mess with it, make a syntax error
  3. Scroll a few screens away
  4. Close the file, so that BufferScroll remembers the position from #3
  5. Compile the project
  6. On the build screen hit F4
  7. The file opened during #1 will be displayed and correctly positioned at the syntax error, but then BufferScroll will restore the position #3

Scenario 2:

1. Open a file
  2. Scroll somewhere
  3. Modify the file in an external application
  4. Sublime reloads the file in the background
  5. After switching to Sublime I see a view positioned at the first line of the file
0 Likes

Scenario 1:
Works as expected. If there some way to “know” the file is opened via “build screen” I’m happy to add the exception.

Scenario 2:
Will take a look, thanks for reporting.

Regards

0 Likes