Sublime Forum

BufferScroll

[quote=“tito”]Here: github.com/SublimeText/BufferScroll/tree/st3

Semi working – ST insist to restore scroll at funny positions[/quote]

Thanks!!!

0 Likes

tito,

Thanks for looking into this already. Now that ST3 is in open beta, I’m trying to get set up with it to write and BufferScroll is essential (I have been using it daily since you got it to its current level of functionality, all that time ago, thanks).

Now in ST3 (I’m running Win7x64, if that makes a difference) and I can get typewriter scrolling working fine, but no scroll sync. It will appear to scroll sync briefly if I erase the user settings file and throw in a fresh copy of the default settings file for the plugin, but the only file I’ve seen scroll sync even then has been the default settings file (I’ve had a long plaintext and a short plaintext file open and ready to go for testing but neither have responded), and even that behavior subsides quickly.

Seems suspicious to me, like maybe something in ST3 is changed or broken, but right now, ST3 is nearly useless (funny how the lack of your plugin cripples the whole thing for this particular user).

Any thoughts on what might be going on here? I’ve made sure to try removing the file type specific settings you made as examples in the default setting file and also leaving them be and setting scroll sync for plaintext to true. I’ve also gone in with fresh copies of the default settings, copied the whole thing over to user, then set them all to true, just in case there was some conflict. Obviously some folk have it working, and I’ve seen it fire a couple times here, so I don’t know what else I might be doing wrong.

Thanks,
Kensai

0 Likes

Alright, after much futzing around with things (basically just trying the same things over and over, restarting ST3, over and over, yada yada yada), it seems to be working properly now. For now ;-p Of course, having to be this stubborn to get a plugin to activate still seems to suggest some small incompatibility between BS and ST3 or beta bugs just on ST3s side. Here’s hoping it keeps working, because other than this little headache, ST3 is looking like even more of a hotrod than ST2 was after I’d tricked it out.

Thanks tito.

0 Likes

Kensai,

I think is not your fault, but a malfunctioning of the package. I reviewed the last days the functionality and made a little tweak to the sync scroll logic. Maybe you want to update, and let me know if still present issues. I was able to reproduce the problem at first, but not lately, so I *think *is fixed.
github.com/SublimeText/BufferScroll/tree/st3

Regards,

0 Likes

How are you guys installing this for Sublime Text 3? ST3 appears to want it’s packages as .sublime-package files and BufferScroll does not install like that when cloned from GitHub.

Are there some instructions on how to do it somewhere?

0 Likes

Whether we can make a selection with:

• only folded region
  • only non-folded region (simply excluded fold-marker)
    ?
0 Likes

Done :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Whao, that’s so fast, thank you.
window.run_command(“buffer_scroll_fold_select_folded”)
window.run_command(“buffer_scroll_fold_select_unfolded”)

0 Likes

I suggest changing BufferScrollFoldSelectUnfolded to:

class BufferScrollFoldSelectUnfolded(sublime_plugin.TextCommand): def run(self, view): folds = [item.a, item.b] for item in self.view.folded_regions()] if folds: self.view.sel().clear() prev = 0 for fold in folds: # sublime.message_dialog(self.view.substr(fold[0])) self.view.sel().add(sublime.Region(prev, int(fold[0]))) if self.view.substr(fold[1]) == "\n": prev = int(fold[1]) + 1 else: prev = int(fold[1]) self.view.sel().add(sublime.Region(prev, self.view.size()))

0 Likes

Done, thanks :slight_smile: Didn’t test it :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Is ST2 no longer supported for this plugin?

0 Likes

Nope, if possible consider upgrading, not only it works better and faster, you will also support work invested into new versions. Unless there is one of the few bug that may affect your setup, just upgrade.

0 Likes

I made some updates, and recovered some lost functionality. In theory it should restore scroll and selections in all the situations… did I broke something!?

0 Likes

Just started using Sublime text recently. I was wondering if you (Tito) would be willing to post the zip for the latest compatible bufferscroll for Sublime text 2, as you did for sidebar enhancements. I will eventually try out sb 3, but am new to advanced text editors, and have only started setting up sb 2, so I don’t want to jump ship just yet. Either way, thanks for your efforts. This package sure does look useful! Thanks!

0 Likes

I’d suggest you to go dirrectly on ST3. Despite its beta status, it’s super stable.

Besides that, you will find ST2 compatible packages harder and harder :smile:

0 Likes

Yes, be safe and use ST3. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

From viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17110&p=67114&hilit=bufferscroll#p67114

Basically all I'm hunting for in such a plugin is a fixed scroll point that is 1/4th to 1/3rd the way up the screen, without taking any of the usual functionality away, especially not something that gets used all the time, such as setting the insertion point via mouse click.
I just added option in BufferScroll to shift from the “centred” line by any amount, positive or negative number of lines. So you can keep the scroll point anywhere

0 Likes

EDIT: Nevermind, the author fixed this in a matter of minutes!

Hi, bug report here.

It seems that along with the wanted properties the current set syntax is also saved. This means that setting a new default syntax for a given extension will not work, since the new defualt will be immediately overwritten with the one saved by your plugin.

Steps to reproduce:

• Open a file
  • View > Syntax > Open all with current extension as…
  • Select the desired new default syntax
  • Open a different file with the same extension

The file will be opened with the previous syntax and not the new default one. You may also notice in the bottom right hand corner a brief change in the selected syntax when the plugin overrides your choice. If you disable the plugin and repeat the steps everything will work as expected, proving the issue.

Workarounds:

• Disable the plugin
  • Manually set the new default syntax for every file
0 Likes

Guys, has anyone got a problem like me that on sublime text 3 the buffer scroll doesnt remember folds? It just resets them after a few seconds, or when a file is saved. What is wrong?

0 Likes

must be some preprocessor or something like that. also if a file is reloaded the editor does not send the on_reload event

0 Likes