Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

VintageEx package

VintageEx package

Postby guillermooo on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:03 am

This is an implementation of Vim's ex-mode for Sublime Text 2. It doesn't aim to be 100% identical to the original, but rather to implement ex-commands in a way that makes sense for Sublime Text.

Requirements

- Vintage

The Vintage package must be installed with that name (Vintage), although it can be ignored in the settings. Some VintageEx commands use Vintage commands.

Status

I don't think it's as mature as Vintage, but it's definitely functional. Feedback, patches, etc. welcome!

Download

https://github.com/SublimeText/VintageEx
https://github.com/SublimeText/VintageEx/downloads
guillermooo

Re: VintageEx package

Postby slestak989 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Very nice. Looking forward to using this. It looks like this assumes win32? Should that be documented on your github and/or reinforced in your setup.py?
Using ST2 on: Win7 Pro 64 || Win7 32|| Fedora 16
slestak989

Postby guillermooo on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi slestak989,

slestak989 wrote:Very nice. Looking forward to using this. It looks like this assumes win32? Should that be documented on your github and/or reinforced in your setup.py?

Not really, it should work ok-ish on Linux as is (a good chunk of it was developed on Ubuntu). OSX is supported "by chance" :) I don't own a Mac I can test on. I was meaning to include a readme with basic information and a license too, but it seems I never got to doing it! I'll fix that.

If you're talking about commands starting shells, then it's true Windows is where they will work best at the moment, though.
guillermooo

Postby slestak989 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Yes, the shell commands is what I was alluding to. I will try them on my win7-64 and fedora machines when I can.
Using ST2 on: Win7 Pro 64 || Win7 32|| Fedora 16
slestak989

Return to Plugin Announcements