Sublime Forum

Display Functions (Java)

I need this for C++! :wink:

0 Likes

gabriev82, that’s what the clang plugin does: github.com/quarnster/SublimeClang

0 Likes

Doesn’t work for me.

Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 282, in run_ File ".\displayfunctions.py", line 45, in run TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

0 Likes

tretretre,

What OS are you using?
Can you check that you’re using the lastest version of Display-Functions?
And, if you don’t mind, could I see a sample of the code you were trying in on? (You can redact any info that you need to…)

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]tretretre,

What OS are you using?
Can you check that you’re using the lastest version of Display-Functions?
And, if you don’t mind, could I see a sample of the code you were trying in on? (You can redact any info that you need to…)[/quote]

After looking at the example, I realize that I misunderstood the behavior (I thought that it would work when calling static methods without an instance).

I did however find some bugs when removing existing functions:
http://yay.nu/w6ROTY
http://yay.nu/nFmRa2

0 Likes

Just pushed a fix to github.

The regex for getting the methods is now fixed (it won’t display ‘if’ or ‘return’ anymore). The plugin now removes any methods that were commented out.

@Tretretre, as for the second bug, did you “.” to trigger Display-Functions? It looks as if you triggered the default autocomplete w/ ctrl+space.

0 Likes

No, it was triggered with “.”.

The last commit always have this behavior, even when methods exists.

0 Likes

Hopefully all issues should be resolved.

If not, could you be more descriptive:

• What is happening?
  • What’s the expected behavior?

BTW, opening an issue through Github is most likely faster and more efficient than posting a bug here on the forum.

0 Likes

Thanks for the fix, works great now!

Found another bug, but I opened an issue on github this time (as well as sent a pull request with a fix).

0 Likes

Ooh, if only this was for PHP :confused:

0 Likes

UPDATE

• Now supports “super.”
  • Now adds the methods of the parent class to the autocomplete

Please report any bugs or feature requests to the github page: https://github.com/BoundInCode/Display-Functions/issues

0 Likes

Another big update.

• Now lists the parameters.

• Parameters come pre-highlighted for easy insertion.

Once again, please let me know if you have a feature request or found a bug.

0 Likes

Can you add PHP support ? :wink:
Just replace the . by -> or ::

0 Likes

[quote=“oxman”]Can you add PHP support ?
Just replace the . by -> or ::[/quote]

Maybe, but it will require a pretty big change. Mostly because Java is strictly typed and PHP is loosely typed. I’ll be working with PHP in the upcoming months, so we’ll see.

0 Likes

[quote=“oxman”]Can you add PHP support ? :wink:
Just replace the . by -> or ::[/quote]

You want SublimeCodeIntel for PHP :smile:

0 Likes

no because SCI need to parse/refresh all your codes, SCI is heavy…

0 Likes

Awesome plugin. SL2 now more closed with an IDE :smile:, love it and thanks!

It could better if have pre-loaded default packages, classes from *.jar libraries.

0 Likes

Hi! Is this plugin still being developed? I’m very interested in these functions, but I can’t get it to work in the latest versions of ST2. I suspect its the new autocomplete functionality in ST2 that breaks it. Anyone know how I can fix it?

0 Likes

Sorry, I kinda lost track of maintaining this plugin for the past few updates. I’ll push a fix in a bit though. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes

Should be fixed now. Let me know. If the functions aren’t popping up right away, though, press control+space.

0 Likes