Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

NoPreviewPlease

NoPreviewPlease

Postby tito on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Description

This packages attempts to remove the "preview on click" for files on sidebar which seems to be really frustrating when attempting to use Sublime for real work.

The feature may be useful on some circumstances but lacks of a cool behaviour or implementation and most of the time is just frustrating for me.

*** IF YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE THIS FUNCTIONALITY VIA SUBLIME TEXT, PLEASE POST HERE TO EXPRESS YOU WANT THAT OPTION! OK? ***
https://github.com/SublimeText/NoPreview
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Re: NoPreviewPlease

Postby tito on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 pm

The other frustrating thing is the "auto-focus on sidebar" when swithincng tab, but I dont have idea on how to disable that thing.
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby weslly on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:14 pm

I like this feature but I find it really annoying when I click in binary files like images then sublime freezes until the content is loaded
weslly

Postby gabriev82 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:37 pm

+1 for a "enable/disable file preview" option on Global settings.
Also check the binary files would be awesome, open a binary file in a text editor does not make much sense..
Display a warning message is a better solution, something like "The file appears to be a Binary file, open anyway?"
gabriev82

Postby facelessuser on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks for this tito. I have been working to figure out how to detect preview reliably, I didn't realize that that the preview file_name wasn't found in the views returned by window.views(). It appears this is only the case on the first activation though (so preview is only detectable on the first raised event), but it is useful enough that I can at least identify a preview and then I can timeout. It doesn't completely solve my issue of running code on a preview window during the "Go To Anything" panel, but I can at least identify the preview and delay the code to minimize the annoyance.

Edit: It looks like it does work fine after subsequent activations (or at least in the context I am using it), either way, thanks again. I personally don't mind the previews, but I found how you determined a preview very useful.
facelessuser

Postby oaziz on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Can I disable preview for binary files only, like images?
oaziz

Postby jdc0589 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:33 am

I would definitely be in for this. At the least an on/off config value, at best an array of extensions to disable it for
jdc0589

Postby kennonb on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks. I've been wanting something like this.

Ideally, I'd like it to work like this:

* CTRL+0 (or better yet CTRL+TAB to jump back and forth) to focus on sidebar.
    * When navigating through with the keyboard, don't show any preview.
    * When clicking with your mouse, then preview the file, or simply open in a tab.
    * Never show contents of binary files.
kennonb

Postby timkelty on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 pm

I think a 'disable_preview_for_binary_files' option would be perfect for my use
timkelty

Postby tanepiper on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:54 am

+1 - I actually love this feature of ST2, but I do agree about the binary stuff - should really be a default option but happy if a plugin supported this option only
tanepiper

Next

Return to Plugin Announcements