Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

JavaScript completions

Re: JavaScript completions

Postby agibsonsw on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 pm

This will be my last update, you might be pleased to hear :D , because I've got this GitHub thing working (link provided in previous post).

I have used abbreviations in the tab triggers by removing the bracketed text shown:
Canvas 2(d)
CanvasGrad(ient)
Func(tion)
Hist(ory)
Navig(ator)

The purpose of this is to reduce the number of mis-hits when typing, without losing the ability to track down these specific objects. It also reduces the file size very slightly.

I've kept the full words Document, Window, Location, etc., because these terms are so familiar, and abbreviating them doesn't assist searching. However, I've removed the text 'Date' from the triggers. This is because it's much easier to type day, month, time, etc., or get, set, to, UTC. I've kept them for the static functions parse() and UTC() though.

I'm not intending to play with this any more (unless someone points out omissions or mistakes), as I want to play with Python! Regards, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby elkraneo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:51 am

Many THX Andy!
any clues how to add syntax colors to the functions ?
elkraneo

Postby agibsonsw on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 am

elkraneo wrote:Many THX Andy!

This would require modifying the 'JavaScript.tmLanguage' file and your chosen theme-file. It's not straight-forward unfortunately :oops:. Alternatively, you might find an existing theme that includes specific JS syntax colours. If you find such a theme, you could modify its 'tmTheme' file to change some of the colour-numbers. I don't know which themes include JS colours :?:

Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby aristidesfl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm

any thread about this on userecho?
it's quite painfull using this forum since there are no mail notifications..

Would you mind continuing the discussion here:
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/94863-poor-or-non-existant-javascript-autocompletion/
aristidesfl

Postby elkraneo on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:06 pm

agibsonsw wrote:
elkraneo wrote:Many THX Andy!

This would require modifying the 'JavaScript.tmLanguage' file and your chosen theme-file. It's not straight-forward unfortunately :oops:. Alternatively, you might find an existing theme that includes specific JS syntax colours. If you find such a theme, you could modify its 'tmTheme' file to change some of the colour-numbers. I don't know which themes include JS colours :?:

Andy.

THX Andy, great work
elkraneo

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements