Be gentle. First python anything and first sublime plugin.
I recently was watching the Humble Bundle Mojam and noticed one of the developers using Sublime Text 2.
I also noticed that he was using some ASCII style comment blocks to break up the code and allow for quick access via the mini map.
I thought it was awesome.
This gif sucks; where do I go to make one that doesn't?
Or am I supposed to like do that on my own... ;(
Here's an example of what I have put together so far:
It's fairly basic, and I can't take much credit.
- I definitely plan to improve it, first things first I'm getting examples of all the fonts in the settings file.
- I've been playing with indenting and spacing but I can't quite get it to line up properly (yet) but it's only an extra tab; you'll be fine.
- More setting; I'm thinking an array of allowed fonts to display in a menu for quick selection, or maybe even random.
- Haven't really tested multi line strings; that's not the purpose of this.
- I'd like to be able to save the string locally and be able to replace the ascii art, like rotating through the fonts and stopping when you see one you like.
( Many thanks to Will Bond and Peter Waller )
Edit: Links added.