Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimePrint

SublimePrint

Postby svenax on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm

I have personally never really missed printing in Sublime Text. However, a lot of people seem to want it so I whipped up a really simple plugin that just sends the file of the current view to an external command for printing. This works well enough for me. Have a look here if you want to try it: https://github.com/svenax/SublimePrint

Note that it currently does not support Windows, though it should be reasonably simple to fix that.
Last edited by svenax on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
svenax

Re: SublimePrint

Postby svenax on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 am

This plugin has been substantially updated and can now print the entire file, the selected text (multiple selections too), or the current clipboard. It has been submitted to package control, but you can get it directly from Github until it gets added.

The plugin uses an external command line program to print. As of now, it uses GNU enscript, which is easily available for Linux and Mac. The program is also available for Windows, but may be somewhat harder to install. I haven't tried that myself, but if someone wants to give it a shot, please let me know if it works.
svenax

Re: SublimePrint

Postby agibsonsw on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm

@svenax If you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could take 2 minutes to test mine: QuickPrint please? I just need someone with a Mac to try it and then report back any error message(s) that appear in the Console.

Your help, or anyone else with 2 minutes to spare, will be appreciated :)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Return to Plugin Announcements