Sublime Forum

Origami: Pane traversal, creation, and destruction

Dang, origami is a much better name… Is it too late to change it?

EDIT: I hope it wasn’t too late cause it’s Origami now. You three will have to check it out again. :frowning:

0 Likes

how do you even come up with that?

0 Likes

What can I say? I have a gift. :smiling_imp:

0 Likes

Looks cool. I will have to give this a try. Thanks!

0 Likes

I tweeted this hard. Nice one!

0 Likes

Thanks! I’d been thinking about making this for a while because I really wanted it, and then one day things just reached that point where I had to do it and couldn’t sleep until I got it done. Glad you like it!

0 Likes

Very nice! If you made it a WindowCommand, rather than a TextCommand, then it’d work in panes that don’t have any files. Currently, if you create a pane, and then focus it immediately, you aren’t able to move back.
On the nitpicky side of things, there’s a few print statements still in the code, and your readme still mentions the old name :slight_smile:

Edit: Apparently I’m foolish, and was looking at the wrong repo

0 Likes

Awesome plugin :smile: I have a few requests;

1. Carry and Create would be awesome
  2. Destroy and move current tabs to new panel
  3. GoTo support
  4. Save as layout? So you can go to a new project and just enable a certain layout?

Seriously though this is brill :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Very nice! If you made it a WindowCommand, rather than a TextCommand, then it’d work in panes that don’t have any files. Currently, if you create a pane, and then focus it immediately, you aren’t able to move back.
On the nitpicky side of things, there’s a few print statements still in the code, and your readme still mentions the old name :smile:

Edit: Apparently I’m foolish, and was looking at the wrong repo[/quote]

Not so foolish, except for the readme, it looks you’re right :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Very nice! If you made it a WindowCommand, rather than a TextCommand, then it’d work in panes that don’t have any files. Currently, if you create a pane, and then focus it immediately, you aren’t able to move back.
On the nitpicky side of things, there’s a few print statements still in the code, and your readme still mentions the old name :smile:

Edit: Apparently I’m foolish, and was looking at the wrong repo[/quote]

Luckily those two things have just been fixed! (by a pull request from someone else!) And I think I’m just gonna delete the old repo.
Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“Phunky”]Awesome plugin :smile: I have a few requests;

1. Carry and Create would be awesome
  2. Destroy and move current tabs to new panel
  3. GoTo support
  4. Save as layout? So you can go to a new project and just enable a certain layout?

Seriously though this is brill :smile:[/quote]

1. I’m pretty certain you can chain commands in keybindings (or was that only in Sublime Text 1?). If not, a carry+create could be added.
  2. Can you describe this in more detail? Are you saying when you destroy a pane you want all the tabs in it to go to the newly-focussed pane?
  3. Do you want the commands to show up in the command palette?
  4. Save as layout could be pretty awesome. It also would be really easy… lemme see what I can do.
0 Likes

Didn’t know about chaining keybindings i’ll take a look at that :smile:

Lets says you have one pane open with two tabs (HTML & CSS), we then create a new pane and move the CSS file over to it so we can compare HTML & CSS. I then wish to go back to a single pane but keep all files open, so I would like to destroy the selected pane while moving its files to the last active one.

Yep!

[quote=“adzenith”]
4. Save as layout could be pretty awesome. It also would be really easy… lemme see what I can do.[/quote]

Awesome :smiley:

0 Likes

Isn’t it how it works currently ?
Closing a pane never close the files it contains, ST2 move it to another pane. I don’t know if it is the last active one or the previous one.

0 Likes

Sounds like he wants a command that will close the pane of the active view, rather than one in a specifiable direction from it.

0 Likes

Oh, I see. This is actually more difficult because if you have more than two panes, where do you and your files end up? That’s why you can only destroy a different pane. If you’ve got two panes, just destroy the other one and everything should work…?

0 Likes

where do you and your files end up?

I think you’d still key in a direction, it would just mean destroy current pane, move in the direction specified, drag the views, making the currently active view active in the group dragged to.

0 Likes

adzenith, I don’t know if it’s wanted or needed, but I’ve made a sublime-menu file for Origami for personal use for those times I forget the shortcuts. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

0 Likes

[quote=“nizur”]adzenith, I don’t know if it’s wanted or needed, but I’ve made a sublime-menu file for Origami for personal use for those times I forget the shortcuts. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

[attachment=0]Screenshot-2012-07-03-5.png[/attachment][/quote]

Awww please share this :smile: or send a pull request!

0 Likes

Accepted the pull request! Thanks!

0 Likes

Great! Glad I could contribute. :smile:

0 Likes