Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

WinSCP integration plugin

Re: WinSCP integration plugin

Postby myel on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 pm

@sublimator:

that depends:

at work i have minimal/no svn. most development is done on remote live/staging servers (jeah frightens me too).

at home 100% is local and in svn.

i believe my work situation is not so uncommon :/
myel

Re: WinSCP integration plugin

Postby gpfsmurf on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm

myel wrote:getting the directory tree via putty/find would be quite fast, but it won't work with ftp-only servers ( sadly, some people still have to work that way ;) ).

for an universal solution, the recursive listing via winscp would be the way to go (works with ftp), but it's slow on deep trees.

maybe asynchronously building of the directory-tree and using some kind of intelligent cache like you mentionend, would hide the slowness of that approach from the user (at least caching will, after the initial directory-tree is build).

- The caching should be simple to achieve: just pickle a list of filenames/directory names, using the stored session name as a key.
- The recursive 'ls' must be done in the background, and must not stop the user from downloading/uploading files at the same time.
- It should be optional, per-project. We could have a ":refresh list:" command - or should it be done automatically?
- Sublime Project: we need to be able to specify one remote dir in the project options. Each mount point will be relative to that path. I think there's a way to have project options but I can't find it in the docs.
gpfsmurf

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements