I started using AdvancedNewFile, which from what it seems, many people use. Anyways, I was in the process of adding some functionality and creating a pull request for it when I came across this thread. Because he is no longer maintaining it, I wanted to throw my work up there. I have also merged in the following pull request, which allows you to specify a different top level directory in your project.
As I have time, I will look through the issues people have since made on the original repo and try to address them.
I'm happy to extend on the hard work of the original developer, and wanted to share it with others.
Anyways, just wanted to put it out there. Thanks.
After a brief set of emails with Dima, the original developer, we are going to transfer ownership to me. We will also update the Package Manager URL, though this may take some time to process.
The repo has been moved. As the package manager has the old URL, you will need to temporarily copy the plugin files directly from the repo.
Package Control URL has been updated to point to the correct repo!