Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

PyQT 4.7

Re: PyQT 4.7

Postby toothrot on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 pm

For those of use turned off by PyQt's current license, Keep an eye on PySide:

"The PySide project provides LGPL-licensed Python bindings for the Qt cross-platform application and UI framework. PySide Qt bindings allow both free open source and proprietary software development and ultimately aim to support all of the platforms as Qt itself."

This project is backed by Nokia, and it seems like they are making good progress.

In any case, this news about pyqt is very welcome, I believe you can also use wxPython in a separate thread as well, you just have to "import wx" from the separate thread, and all subsequent wx calls have to be made from it as well.
toothrot

Re: PyQT 4.7

Postby toothrot on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 am

Has anyone tried using this to create more than one QApplication through sublime? I started working on widgets that used the current theme, only to run into problems trying to let more than one plugin use PyQt (similar issues with wxpython, where I had also started work)

A QThread crashes sublime immediately. I can't seem to figure out why... Anyone fiddle with this?

(I have no problems creating a single PyQt application in a threading.Thread (nor with wxpython), The problems start when I try to use either from two plugins)

- toothrot
toothrot

Return to Plugin Development