Sublime Forum

Right click on filename in X?

Is there an API for Sublime X for when you right click a file name in the list of files?

It would be convenient to add certain operations, such as version control operations, when right clicking a file.

0 Likes

There’s no API for this yet, but I’d like to add it in the future

0 Likes

+2 on this one from me. This would be great stuff to be available for plugin development, and maybe even context awareness based on the current ‘build’ setting too…

0 Likes

Having been a Sublime Text user on Windows, and now a TextMate user on OS X for a few years, it is very interesting to see Sublime Text X on OS X. Thanks!

One TextMate plugin I use a lot is ProjectPlus. It adds status icons to the side bar (like TortiseSVN does to Windows Explorer), and right-click or control-key menu items that work on selected files and directories in the side bar (update, diff with HEAD, diff with BASE, diff with …, add to repo, remove from repo, into, status, commit, revert, resolve, etc., etc.). Having the hooks to do this in Sublime Text X would be great. Seeing file/directory status with small icons in the side bar is a real time-saver. The plugin approach should support multiple simultaneous installations of version control clients (subversion, git, mercurial, fossil, etc.).

0 Likes

I have ported my TortoiseSVN, and one does exist for command-line SVN for 1.x. The problem is that package key bindings are not picked up yet by 2.x, so you have to paste them into your user key bindings.

Jon is planning on whipping something together to allow better menu customization in 2.x, and I assume this will make adding menu options to the project pane a possibility as well. It will happen. Just a matter of when…

0 Likes