Sublime Forum

Getting started, Coffee, Node and Keybindings

Hi all -

I just found sublime and have been using the A2 build and loving it. I’m on Ubuntu and besides my fallback of Emacs/Vim, this is my main editor now.

I’m trying to get started hacking up a couple of plugins that I don’t think anyone has created yet and am looking for someone to point me in the right direction on how to get started.

What I would like to create are the following:

1. A Coffeescript and NodeJS snippet

Those are just b/c those are the projects I’m working on at the moment. Support for Express and things like that would probably come as well.

Additionally, I was wondering if anyone has created keybindings for VIM and Emacs yet? I typically hate learning new keybindings and having VIM and Emacs would at least suit my needs…Has anyone created those? If not, is there a preferred approach to doing something like this and making it available to everyone else?

Cheers,
Jason

0 Likes

Hi jcw148,

Try this for docs: sublimetext.com/docs/2/

At present it isn’t possible to emulate Vim key bindings fully and there isn’t anything like that available, nope. Some emacs functionality is available in Sublime Text 2, though, and key bindings are fully configurable.

0 Likes