Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Plugin Development

Plugin Development

Postby Gekitsuu on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm trying to get a new build system working for a markdown bundle and I'm not sure how to accomplish what I want. I can't figure out how to make a redirect inside of a "cmd" directive. The command I'd like to run would look something like this

Code: Select all
markdown $file > /tmp/temp.html

Which would be followed up by something like

Code: Select all
open /tmp/temp.html

I realize this would only work on mac's but I just wanted to start learning how this build api works so I can get more sophisticated and the docs are a little skimpy ;)
Gekitsuu

Re: Plugin Development

Postby jbrooksuk on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 am

Not that I'm helping here, but just wanted to point out that you can define build systems for different platforms :)
jbrooksuk

Postby jps on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:43 am

">" is part of bash syntax, rather than something the OS intrinsically understands. To make use of it, you'll need to execute bash, passing it the command you want it to run (presumably via -c). A related, and perhaps simpler, option is to make a shell script that runs the commands you want, and then make your build system call the shell script.
jps
Site Admin

Postby MrMartineau on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:21 am

How is this plugin coming along? I am looking to use Markdown & need a build system for it.. can yours be downloaded anywhere?
@MrMartineau || Setup Sublime Text quickly: Find out all you need at https://github.com/mrmartineau/SublimeTextSetup
MrMartineau

Postby forehead on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:58 am

FYI i just hacked up a build system for Markdown that opens an HTML preview in a new browser window. MacOS only for now.

http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3351

It's not really packaged up either. Advice welcome!
forehead

Return to Plugin Development