Sublime Forum

[CSS, theme] use real colors to highlight colors props

Pull requested. Now it works great! I will do some more testing in the next couple of days.

0 Likes

why, #00 is white? I think this isn’t a good idea.

0 Likes

It shouldn’t even catch such colors, since it’s not a valid hex color.

0 Likes

wow, its working great so far! Thanks for your work.

0 Likes

is it ready to use yet?

0 Likes

The kind of coding I do for work is not web programming (we coding is more of a hobby for me), but from what limited testing I have been doing, I think it is safe to use.

There are a couple of items I think would be nice to have addressed before release though:

• ** First:**
    The current commands available in the command palette are: css_colorize and css_uncolorize. I think they should be named using the common convention already used in the command palette: CSS Colors: Colorize and CSS Colors: Un-colorize. That way I can just use the name CSS Colors and find all available commands for the plugin.
  • Second:
    I think the colorize/uncolorize commands’ effects should be permanent. Currently if I invoke the uncolorize command, the effects only last until I edit a color, then everything becomes colorized again.
  • Third:
    Available in the menu under View is the menu item CSS dynamic highligting. This allows for a toggling of colorize/uncolorize that is permanent, but the menu item gives no indication of the current state of said toggling; it would be nice if there was some indication.
0 Likes

Well i tried it and every time i enter a color, this pop up window appears with some error (check image in attachments)
After i press OK, it seems to show correctly but when i enter another color somewhere, again this error shows up, its pretty annoying :confused:
Any way to fix this?

0 Likes

Hmm. Testing has been limited, and I haven’t looked into how Ask is handling the theme files. I have probably been testing with it in one of the scenarios that works. There is probably some more bugs to shake out. I am sure Ask has been looking into stuff like this.

Where is your theme file located? And are you using the latest commit?

0 Likes

Its located in default folder - Packages\Color Scheme - Default
And about that, what does latest commit mean?

0 Likes

Commit means: latest code submitted to Github.

So when I say latest, I just mean most recent code. The current code isn’t really released by versions, so that is what I mean.

0 Likes

Oh that, yes i downloaded it maybe 15 minutes ago, and after that i posted the image.
It says there it was updated 2 days ago, it is this one right? https://github.com/a-sk/sublime-css-colors

0 Likes

Yeah, you probably have the latest, can you look at your console output and see if there are any errors there? If so, post them here. I have a couple of bug fixes I will be pull-requesting myself. If there are more, maybe I can add them when I pull request again.

0 Likes

This is the error, but it actually shows the same error 4 times in the console (in 4 rows)

---------------------------
Sublime Text 2
Error loading colour scheme Packages/D:\Documents and Settings\Risk0\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Color Scheme - Default\Colorized-809529171364770-Putty.tmTheme: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file "Packages/D:\Documents and Settings\Risk0\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Color Scheme - Default\Colorized-809529171364770-Putty.tmTheme"
OK   
0 Likes

Oh, I wonder why it is looking in “**Packages/**D:\Document Settings…”. I wonder why Packages is before your D: drive. I am not even sure how that happens. If I can figure out how to reproduce it, I will try and fix it. But I have run this on Mac, Windows and have not yet seen this issue.

0 Likes

Well yea i noticed that too, its kinda weird. Wish i knew python so i could help a somehow cause i like this plugin :neutral_face:

0 Likes

Is there anything peculiar about your setup? Is it a traditional install of Sublimte Text 2, or a Portable, or anything non-standard about how it was installed?

0 Likes

I think its dev version actually, may that be the problem? Or maybe some of the plugins i have installed or something like that?

0 Likes

I am using dev too. There must be something off with the logic to determine path to color-scheme file. I will look at what Ask is doing in that area, and see if I see anything. Maybe I will get to it tonight. I am sure Ask will also be looking into to this as well.

0 Likes

Thanks, hope it will be easy fix and i will be able to use this plugin :smile:

0 Likes

Any news?

0 Likes