Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

[Idea] Run with Ruby integrated with RVM/Rbenv

[Idea] Run with Ruby integrated with RVM/Rbenv

Postby Romain Tribes on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:20 am

Hi,

I'm a Ruby developer recently converted to Sublime Text 2 (from TextMate) and I would like to have a command "Run with Ruby version…" to run Ruby files with a given version of Ruby (listing the Ruby versions installed through RVM or Rbenv if they exist). It also would be great if the file didn't have to be saved (unlike the current Build command).

I really don't know how to build such a plugin. I'm not opposed to learn or contribute if someone want to develop that.

Thanks,

Romain
Romain Tribes

Re: [Idea] Run with Ruby integrated with RVM/Rbenv

Postby johntdyer on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 pm

This would be really nice, Probably the only reason I have textmate still installed is because it has this feature. RVM integration would be nice as well
johntdyer

Postby plzBetterRubySupport on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Bump
I would be really happy if ruby support in sublime would improve :)
plzBetterRubySupport

Postby Cjkjvfnby on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Romain Tribes wrote:Hi,

I'm a Ruby developer recently converted to Sublime Text 2 (from TextMate) and I would like to have a command "Run with Ruby version…" to run Ruby files with a given version of Ruby (listing the Ruby versions installed through RVM or Rbenv if they exist). It also would be great if the file didn't have to be saved (unlike the current Build command).

I really don't know how to build such a plugin. I'm not opposed to learn or contribute if someone want to develop that.

Thanks,

Romain

Tools - Build system - New build system

Copy paste content Ruby.sublime-build, change 'cmd'
Cjkjvfnby

Return to Plugin Development