Sublime Forum

merge_dir messages and avoiding scanning some plugin folders

Hi.

I’m having a bit of a problem with sublime text 2. I want to stop it from scanning some folders from my plugins (I’m adding some frameworks to the plugin and there’s a lot of directories).

When starting sublime text 2 with the --debug flag, I get lots of these messages:

catalogue.cc:198 merge_dir scan: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/a/aa/a.framework has been seen before, skipping catalogue.cc:198 merge_dir scan: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/a/a.framework/Versions/Current has been seen before, skipping catalogue.cc:198 merge_dir scan: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/sublime-lldb-plugin/lldb_plugin/2.6/LLDB.framework has been seen before, skipping catalogue.cc:198 merge_dir scan: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/a/a.framework/Versions/A/Headers has been seen before, skipping catalogue.cc:198 merge_dir scan: /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/a/a.framework/Versions/A/Resources has been seen before, skipping
How can I get rid of it and make the editor not scan those folders? Python won’t load them unless I tell it to, because I have some packages where most of the plugin is located and only load them on demand.

Thanks

0 Likes

Package directories will always be scanned in their entirety, and there’s no way to disable this at the moment. However, scanning even a large package shouldn’t have any detrimental effects, except for a small increase in startup time.

Only top level .py files will be interpreted as plugins, so you can still include Python modules without any issues.

0 Likes