Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

adding "<" to auto_completions.py

Re: adding "<" to auto_completions.py

Postby atomi on Tue May 01, 2012 3:02 am

C0D312 wrote:In the on_query_completions,
Code: Select all
if 'tag' in scope_name(pt):
  return

@COD312 I would not have thought of that without really spending more time with the API. Brilliant thanks!

The bigger issue though is the sublime-completions files aren't loading in the autocomplete list - unfortunately.
atomi

Postby C0D312 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:06 am

I'm not super familar with how the scoping system works but I believe theres away to say "minus scope x." So in your completion file, you can have scope = text.html, minus tags.

Edit: yep. Here's some info: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1809&p=8405&hilit=scope+except#p8405 text.html - tag
C0D312

Postby atomi on Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 am

Well yeah, your posts are really helpful man.

I'll see if I can't get to the bottom of that and post a new thread with more information if I can't get it to do what I need.
Edit: Perfect. Thanks!
atomi

Postby atomi on Tue May 01, 2012 3:21 am

So okay. That solves the triggering unwanted autocompletes in tags.

But completions in sublime-completions files arent being loaded into the autocomplete list (even with just text.html as the scope).
I think it might be that ST is expecting an array/list to be returned by the plugin when there is no autocomplete so that it has something to extend or append to.
atomi

Postby agibsonsw on Tue May 01, 2012 11:05 am

atomi wrote:So okay. That solves the triggering unwanted autocompletes in tags.

But completions in sublime-completions files arent being loaded into the autocomplete list (even with just text.html as the scope).
I think it might be that ST is expecting an array/list to be returned by the plugin when there is no autocomplete so that it has something to extend or append to.

Yes I think you need to return an empty list:

return []

Also sublime.INHIBIT_WORD_COMPLETIONS | sublime.INHIBIT_EXPLICIT_COMPLETIONS is requesting that only your completions will appear in the list.

I still think you should test a small subset of your completions before getting too deeply involved. You can suppress them from appearing within 'tag' scope, but if you edit within a tag they won't reappear. And <b>Typing this text</b> will cause your completions to pop up for every letter typed.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby atomi on Tue May 01, 2012 5:55 pm

agibsonsw wrote:Yes I think you need to return an empty list:

return []

Also sublime.INHIBIT_WORD_COMPLETIONS | sublime.INHIBIT_EXPLICIT_COMPLETIONS is requesting that only your completions will appear in the list.

I still think you should test a small subset of your completions before getting too deeply involved. You can suppress them from appearing within 'tag' scope, but if you edit within a tag they won't reappear. And <b>Typing this text</b> will cause your completions to pop up for every letter typed.

So I removed INHIBIT_WORD_COMPLETIONS | INHIBIT_EXPLICIT_COMPLETIONS and sublime-completions files still are not working with this.

Sublime-completion files work well when I return an empty list, but not when that list contains completions. Even after removing the INHIBIT directives.

Would this be a bug?
atomi

Postby agibsonsw on Tue May 01, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm not sure about this line - it might be creating a generator.

html = ([(list(item)[-2],"<" + list(item)[1]) for item in html])

try following it with 'print html' and check it in the Console (Ctrl '). Also check the Console for error messages. Alternatively, try

html = [(list(item)[-2],"<" + list(item)[1]) for item in html]
print html
return (html)
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.
agibsonsw

Postby atomi on Tue May 01, 2012 8:07 pm

I don't think it's that line I can comment it out and sublime-completions files still don't load for html.

That line just adds a leading less than character to every second string in the completions list.
I'm not sure how efficient it is; I'll likely add to a global variable later.
atomi

Previous

Return to Plugin Development