Sublime Forum

Auto-Reload feature stopped working

I’m developing a plugin for sublime text 2, and today the auto-reload on save feature has stopped working. In the console I see the file has been written to, but I do not receive the message the module was reloaded. Based on some google searches, I have tried the following;

• Deleting .pyc files … no difference
  • Restarting Sublime Text 2 - This will reload the plugin, but will not initiate the auto-reload feature
  • Restarting my machine … no difference

I have also considered that my plugin was broken in some way, so I created a new example file using the stub from the new plugin menu. This also does not auto-load.

Does anyone know how to debug this issue, or possibly manually reloading plugins from the Sublime python command line?

Build info: Beta, Build: 2181, OSX 10.7.4

0 Likes

I’m unsure of what actually caused this to fail, but the fix seems to have been to remove the installed packages under ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2. I hope this helps someone in the future.

0 Likes

I had this same problem and it turned out to be related to the fact that I was syncing my sublime text files via dropbox as described in this article: andrew.hedges.name/blog/2012/01/ … of-dropbox

As soon as I removed the sym links and used regular folders, my plugin started reloading again.

0 Likes