Sublime Forum

Middle Mouse Button Scroll (Autoscroll, Smooth Scroll)

Hi,

is it possible to modify the behaviour of the middle mouse button, so that if pressed and dragged it scrolls (like in Firefox or Chrome)?

I’ve got absolutely no experience with Sublime Text, but I’ve implemented this feature in Notepad++ and another custom Editor, so I’m willing to implement it if it’s possible to do so without resorting to dirty hacks.

0 Likes

I’d love to see this too!
At the moment it seems the only way to get it working is sorta jacky…

0 Likes

Please add this feature! it would be so much easier to scroll with middle mouse (especially for us tablet users). Also the current function off middle mouse ca also be achieved by holding alt and using left mouse so why not?

0 Likes

I would like to say that this would be super useful in my opinion.

For very big files 5000+ lines, the minimap view on the right scrolls too fast, and scrolling the middle mouse is either too slow or too fast depending on the situation. Having the possibility to precisely define the scrolling speed when navigating in a document is really helpful.

In top of that, there is currently no way to navigate horizontally in the document, in case of very long lines. It’s always awkward to read, copy or modify those kind of files. The middle button click could be used to scroll horizontally as well (optionally of course).

The middle click behavior is by default used for selecting things in a rectangle and although it’s cool I never had to use this feature.

0 Likes