Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Getting Goto Symbol working

Getting Goto Symbol working

Postby textisgood on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm working on my own language file, but can't bet Goto Symbol to work. The scope seems right--if I do ctrl-alt-P on a function I see "entity.name.function.XXX meta.function.XXX source.XXX". But Goto Symbol always says, "No Symbols". Is there something more that's needed to trigger it?
textisgood

Re: Getting Goto Symbol working

Postby EJ12N on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:08 pm

textisgood wrote:I'm working on my own language file, but can't bet Goto Symbol to work. The scope seems right--if I do ctrl-alt-P on a function I see "entity.name.function.XXX meta.function.XXX source.XXX". But Goto Symbol always says, "No Symbols". Is there something more that's needed to trigger it?

You need to have Symbol List.tmPreferences file that defines the symbols... the same goes if you want to use the "Toggle comment" commands on your custom language you need a Comments.tmPreferences if not the command won't work... Here is the HTML for example, as you can see it only shows IDs as symbols...

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>name</key>
   <string>Symbol List: ID</string>
   <key>scope</key>
   <string>text.html meta.toc-list.id.html</string>
   <key>settings</key>
   <dict>
      <key>symbolTransformation</key>
      <string>s/^/ID: /</string>
   </dict>
   <key>uuid</key>