Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2062

Dev Build 2062 is out now. There are several tweaks to the find panel, as well as a fix for the missing tab close buttons in 2061. The full list of changes is on the dev page, as usual.

When the find panel is open, find results will be highlighted in a more prominent yellow, at least if your color scheme is Monokai Bright. Other color schemes will need the findHighlight and findHighlightForeground keys defined in their .tmTheme files to show a find highlight.

0 Likes

Thanks for the updates Jon!

I’m sure you have a lot of things you want to get done before this, but when will we be likely to see code folding (especially some kind of index folding so we can programmaticly define folding on braces etc) and UI dialogs for plugins?

0 Likes

Code folding won’t be in version 2, it’ll likely be in version 3 though. UI API is an unknown at this stage.

0 Likes

Is there any reason for this? A limitation in the editor itself perhaps?

If not “index folding” why not line folding? It would certainly help to fold down a chunk of code, select->fold when you know you can escape from seeing it all the time.

0 Likes

Yeah it’s a technical limitation of the current text buffer implementation, code folding is not an easy fit for it. Version 3 will be getting a new text buffer implementation.

0 Likes

Hi, John.

Something happend with cyrillic text in version 2061. In all words in russian I can’t see spaces anymore, no matter what font I use. It just happend after update to 2061.
I was hoping that you already know about it and you will fix it. But it’s still here and it’s really annoying.

In version 2059:

In version 2061, 2062

P.S. MacOS

Hope for help

0 Likes

• Consistency issue:
  1. Ctrl+F, enter search text, match is highlighted in yellow. F3 highlights the next occurrence.

2. Ctrl+F, enter search text, match is highlighted in yellow. Alt+F3 removes higlighting and switches to selection highlighting.

In both cases the search panel remains open, so I would expect (2) to behave like (1) until I dismissed the search panel.

This is nitpicking, of course.

• Possible display bug:

Ctrl+F remembers the last search, so the second time you open the panel, the yellow highlighting turns pale gray. Even if you retype the previous search over the old one, it won’t change the match to yellow. In order to get the highlight back, you first have to delete the panel contents.

EDIT: It does seem like a bug —it only happens with search strings of length 1.

Ctrl+I wipes the previous search, so when you retype the text, it does highlight matches correctly in subsequent searches.

• I’m bored, so:

This has been discussed before, I believe, but what’s the difference between plain search and incremental search? Do they seem to work exactly the same due to some default settings that can be changed?

0 Likes

squ1b3r: Could you send me the file in question? A quick test (using dimka.com/ru/cyrillic/utf-8.html) doesn’t show the same issue for me.

guillermo: thanks for the reports. The difference between the incremental find and normal find panels is mostly in what happens when enter is pressed:

enter: find panel will do a find next, incremental find panel will close.
pressing the key binding a second time: find panel will close, incremental find panel will do a find next.
when showing: the incremental find panel will always start with an empty string.

I would expect most people to use either the find panel or the incremental find panel exclusively, depending on which workflow they prefer. Personally, I only use the incremental find panel.

0 Likes

2 jps: Yeah, sure. Here is the link dl.dropbox.com/u/1929196/Archive.zip

0 Likes

@squ1b3r Wonder if your issue is related the one I discovered a while ago. 2 questions: 1) The theme you are using, does anything have a background color set? and 2) If you open and close Sublime a bunch of times (like 10-20) does the glitch appear to happen at random?

0 Likes

1. I’m just tried with default theme. The same.
  2. It happens all the time, no matter how many times I opened/closed Sublime.

Just found something weird. This doesn’t happen with all sentences. Some of them looks good. And if sentence contains more then two words, it happens between first and second word.

0 Likes

I’ve found out what the issue is, it’ll be fixed in the next build. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

I’ve found out what the issue is, it’ll be fixed in the next build. Thanks for your help![/quote]

Cool, thank you!

0 Likes

@jps: there is any way to show a loading indicator on large files? I’m trying to open a reasonably big SQL file (~50mb) and all i get is a higher cpu usage, with no other information.
thx.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]@jps: there is any way to show a loading indicator on large files? I’m trying to open a reasonably big SQL file (~50mb) and all i get is a higher cpu usage, with no other information.
thx.[/quote]

Not yet, it’s on the todo list though (Sublime Text 1 does show loading progress). I believe there’s an outstanding perf issue with the SQL syntax definition I haven’t investigated yet, so you may want to temporarily rename your file to a .txt one and go from there.

0 Likes

Sorry to bother you, but do you have a rough estimate on when Version 3 will be released? I really like sublime but I really miss this feature :frowning:

0 Likes

No idea, I imagine it’ll be a couple of years away - for reference, 1.0 was released in 2008.

0 Likes