Sublime Forum

--wait command line option on Windows?

Mac version has a great feature - --wait command line option can be used to block external program that triggered opening of file until tab is closed. Is something like that possible on Windows?

If not, then at least it would be nice if I could start separate instance of Sublime. --new-window sort of does that but this also does not block external application until window is closed.
I’m asking because I would like to use Sublime with git, It opens text files on rebasing that user should edit and save. It does not work well when sublime gives back control to application right after file is opened.

The way it works on Mac would be ideal but if that’s not possible due to platform limitations, another good option would be command line options: --new-window --no-session-save (self explanatory I hope) that would give back control to application after window is closed.

0 Likes

How to use Sublime Text as Git commit message editor?
Opening sublime without reopening tabs from previous session

It’s on the todo list to be done for Windows too, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

As a workaround, there is an undocumented “–multiinstance” command line parameter you can use, but it’ll still clobber the session, which isn’t ideal. You could use a portable installation as a second version to run just for this purpose (it won’t interact with the main applications session file then), but that’s getting pretty kludgy.

0 Likes

–multiinstance is good enough workaround for now. Thanks.

0 Likes