Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2067

Dev Build 2067 is out now.

The primary new feature in this build is Distraction Free Mode, which is full screen mode with a few extra bells and whistles - the majority of the UI will be hidden, and the file contents will be drawn in the centre of the screen. You can still selectively change what parts of the UI are visible in this mode (via the view menu), and the settings will be remembered for next time. The new settings file, “Distraction Free.sublime-settings”, will override regular file settings while in this mode - feel free to customise it to your preference.

Apart for a handful of fixes, there’s also a new setting available, ensure_newline_at_eof_on_save, which is handy if you like to follow the unix tradition of always having a terminating newline.

0 Likes

Updated to 2068 to fix a bug with Show/Hide Tabs not restoring from the session correctly in 2067.

0 Likes

Fancy, I like the fixes.

0 Likes

Cannot believe my eyes! many, many, many thanks! And distraction free mode rocks too!

0 Likes

bell & whistle ?
When you tap a character ?
I ear nothing

I want something like ommwriter :smile:

0 Likes

I’m seeing a bug in distraction-free mode where it looks like I have to click near the left edge of the screen to select near the left edge of the text, even though the text is in the center of the screen—i.e. it appears that the text’s x-coordinate is not being added to my mouse’s x-coordinate when determining where I clicked.

0 Likes

[quote]Any chance that there is a setting for the width of distraction free mode?

It’s too slim for me to be of any use.[/quote]

Nevermind! My friend pointed me to Distraction Free.sublime-settings, Jon, could you add this to the Preferences drop down?

0 Likes

Also, whilst in distraction free mode and editing, I’m unable to double click words to select them.

0 Likes

@jps: Is it possible for you to also add a shadow on the right hand side of the editable area in distractions free mode (like you did for the minimap a little while ago)? It is hard to notice long lines when word-wrap is turned off

See sublimetext.userecho.com/dash/to … map-border for context.

0 Likes

It looks like the calculation for what position you are double-clicking is calculated incorrectly (calculated from left-hand-side of the window rather than the left-hand-side of the editable area). If you double-click a bit to the left of the target word it actually works (as long as the double-click is still inside of the editable area).

0 Likes

It’s fine if you change the settings for “draw_centered” to false.

0 Likes

When and where are the key bindings in the project panel? I really REALLY would love to move around my file hierarchy like this.

0 Likes

[quote=“ekolguy”]

Cannot believe my eyes! many, many, many thanks! And distraction free mode rocks too![/quote]

THANKS! <3

0 Likes

[quote=“Woodwater”]

Cannot believe my eyes! many, many, many thanks! And distraction free mode rocks too!

THANKS! <3[/quote]

This constantly closes Sublime for me :frowning:

0 Likes

The OS X key binding is Ctrl+Shift+W, on Windows and Linux it’s Alt+Shift+W. If you press the OS X binding on Windows or Linux, you’ll be triggering Close Window.

0 Likes

I love the distraction free mode. It’s truly awesome!

Since Sublime is making it easy not to use menus and just rely on ctrl R, ctrl p, ctrl shift p etc I think it would be great to have a similar command to display a list of all the commands (from the menus and such). For bonus points it could display the key bindings for each command where the file path is displayed in the projects popup for example. With that featured added I could work in distraction free mode without ever having to show a menu or remember a keybinding.

0 Likes

[quote=“oxman”]bell & whistle ?
When you tap a character ?
I ear nothing

I want something like ommwriter :smile:[/quote]

No answer ? :smile:

0 Likes

Is there a way to specify what tag to wrap the selection with? Because using dev build 2068 on Windows it only seems to want to wrap with a

0 Likes

Just start typing and it will replace both the start tag and end tag with whatever you want.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbjornson”]

Just start typing and it will replace both the start tag and end tag with whatever you want.[/quote]

Works just fine

0 Likes