Sublime Forum

Crash on launch

Sublime Text 2 formerly worked on my machine, a few versions back. But now, no matter what I do, as soon as I attempt to launch sublime 2 it crashes:

[quote]Faulting application sublime_text.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module sublime_text.exe, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00007af9.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.[/quote]

This makes me VERY sad, as Sublime Text 2 is the greatest application in my development environment.

I have uninstalled completely, I even purged every reference to it in the system registry and reinstalled. It still crashes. The above error is all I have to offer, but if you need to know anything else, please ask. I want nothing more than to get this working again.

Machine Setup:

Microsoft Windows XP SP3
All Critical Microsoft OS Patches (2.01.2009)
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.3
Adobe Authorware 6.5
Genworth Barcode font
Adobe Flash Player 9.0.151.0
Genworth ScreenSaver
Microsoft Java_VM_5.00.3810
Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2007
Microsoft Visio Viewer 2007
PDF995 8.31
Lotus Sametime Connect 7.5.1
Symantec Antivirus Client 10.1.6.6010
Macromedia Shockwave Player 11.0
Microsoft Snapshot Viewer 10
Steelray Project viewer 3.3.0.0
WinZIP 9.0 SR-1 with Outlook Companion

Office 2003 Standard + Office SP3
Office 2007 Compatibility Kit
GEWinHTTPWrapper
Citrix(ICA Web 32 client) and ScrewDrivers
Microsoft Office 2007 file converter 1.2.0.6015.5000
IE7

0 Likes

To get back to a clean state, you need to delete your %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 2 directory.

If you’d like to retain your customisations, you can try just deleting the ‘Settings’ subdirectory, which contains the session information.

0 Likes

That worked! I wiped out all folder contents.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been using Notepad++ for a few months and it just doesn’t even come close to the power of Sublime.

Thanks!

0 Likes