Sublime Forum

Exec command and next_result/prev_result

I try to make my own build system based on the default one.
But I couldn’t find a way to make next_result/prev_result working.
I try this:

class OracleExecuteCommand(sublime_plugin.WindowCommand): def run(self, dsn): self.window.run_command("exec", {"cmd": "sqlplus.exe", "-s", dsn, "@", sublime.packages_path()+"\\RunSQL.sql", self.window.active_view().file_name()], "line_regex": "^(.+?)@([0-9]+)/([0-9]+):(.+)$"}) self.window.get_output_panel("exec") self.window.run_command("show_panel", {"panel": "output.exec"})
But it doesn’t works.
It seems that the next_result/prev_result commands only work after a build command. Calling exec command is not enough.

Could someone help me please ?

0 Likes

On the same subject:
Is there a way to give the build command a custom variable ?
Something like:

{ "cmd": "sqlplus.exe", "-s", "${myvar:default}", "@", "${packages}\\RunSQL.sql", "\"$file\""], "file_regex": "^(.+?)@([0-9]+)/([0-9]+):(.+)$" }
That we call with:

window.run_command("build", {"myvar": "1252"})

The variable look to processed but never get the value passing to the build command.

0 Likes

You need to pass exec a file_regex for this to work (line_regex is optional, but file_regex isn’t)

There’s no way to pass additional arguments to the build command, but there probably should be.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]You need to pass exec a file_regex for this to work (line_regex is optional, but file_regex isn’t)

There’s no way to pass additional arguments to the build command, but there probably should be.[/quote]

Damn, how I didn’t notice that. :blush:

Additional arguments to the build command could give it a lot more flexibility.
Typically I need for some kind of files more than one build command and having dozen of different entry in the Build System menu is not very user friendly.
So I make a menu for them using the new quick panel API and call the exec command manually.
With additional arguments I could create a standard Build System file for all my needs.

0 Likes