Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

CSS Syntax Highlighting

CSS Syntax Highlighting

Postby dom111 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi there,

I just thought I'd check up on something before raising a bug (see if it's something related to my theme, rather than the system) but I don't think the CSS syntax highlighting is working quite right.

I'm using the Twilight theme and the ids and classes aren't being highlighted the way I expect them to be.

http://i.imgur.com/wkJaD.png (Comparison is TextMate... Sorry that it always comes down to comparing this to another editor, I do appreciate Sublime on it's own merits!)

I just wondered if this is something I've changed (and broken) or the expected behaviour...

Thanks!

Dom
dom111

Re: CSS Syntax Highlighting

Postby guillermooo on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Have you compared the scopes too? If you're using the same color scheme and the same tmLanguage file, I'd say you'd have to see the same result.
guillermooo

Postby senzo on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:51 pm

This definitions are working for me in ST:

<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>CSS: .class</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>entity.other.attribute-name.class.css</string>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>#152b70</string>
</dict>
</dict>

<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>CSS: #id</string>
<key>scope</key>
<string>entity.other.attribute-name.id.css</string>
<key>settings</key>
<dict>
<key>foreground</key>
<string>#3c2896</string>
</dict>
</dict>
senzo

Postby dom111 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks for your comments!

I've got it working now, but I had to modify the Twilight.tmTheme. I also stumbled upon this post when I searched for the scope name and the changes appear to be differences in the weighting of the selectors. If anyone is interested I changed the following lines in Twilight.tmTheme:

Code: Select all
Line 350: <string>source.css meta.selector.css entity.other.attribute-name.tag.pseudo-class.css</string>
Line 361: <string>source.css meta.selector.css entity.other.attribute-name.id.css</string>
Line 372: <string>source.css meta.selector.css entity.other.attribute-name.class.css</string>

to make the scope selectors more specific (at least, I assume that's what I did..!)

Thanks for the pointers!
dom111

Return to Technical Support