Sublime Forum

Dev build 2075

There was no official thread for this latest build, so…

This is the first time I have installed Sublime Text on Linux (via webupd8 PPA). How do I fix the antialiasing? In the following two screenshots, I prefer the former (gedit):
imm.io/73ML
imm.io/73MR

The font is configured to be Droid Sans Mono size 8 in both cases. Thank you.

EDIT: When I change my ‘Base File.sublime-settings’ file to show the following:

{ "color_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai.tmTheme", "font_face": "Droid Sans Mono", "font_size": 8, "font_options":"subpixel_antialias" }

The result is somewhat better, but not exactly like it appears in gedit.

0 Likes

In your screenshot of Sublime Text 2, it’s not using Droid Sans Mono - it’s the fallback variable width font.

Have you restarted Sublime Text 2 after installing the font?

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply! I have the the Droid fonts installed along with the OS (10.04, right when it was released). And yes, I have restarted ST2 many times since then. You are right about the font being NOT Droid Sans Mono. This is the latest screenshot; the antialiasing is still not ‘perfect’ like the gedit screenshot.

imm.io/74wd

0 Likes

Subpixel antialiasing isn’t enabled in your latest screenshot - you can verify this by zooming in and looking for the telltale colored pixels.

Add this line to your settings:

"font_options": "subpixel_antialias"]

Note the square brackets - they’re required for the setting to be picked up.

It’s an oversight on my part that subpixel antialiasing isn’t enabled by default on Linux - this will be changing in future builds.

0 Likes

Thanks, it looks much better now; although it is still a bit ‘different’.

imm.io/75yE

Maybe it is because of the different backgrounds. Either way, I’m satisfied.

0 Likes