Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2077

Dev Build 2077 is out now, with a few important changes.

Firstly, when a window is created, it’ll copy its settings (tabs, sidebar, status bar, layout, etc) from the current window, rather than relying on the new_window_settings global setting. This should make new windows behave more like everyone expects them to. It also copies the size from the current window, which I know will make more than a few people happy.

Files with the same name, but in different directories, also should no longer be confusing - part of the folder name will be displayed alongside the file name in the side bar and tabs. This is adaptive, so will only show when required. I also changed the dirty file indicator at the same time, to make things a bit more aesthetically pleasing.

Linux now has subpixel antialiasing enabled by default (can be disabled via explicitly requesting greyscale antialiasing in the font options) - it’s a bit disturbing that I didn’t notice this previously, given it’s my main coding platform atm.

There are a couple of other changes too - the full list is on the dev build page.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.
I think there is a small problem with „new window” thing. What i mean is this: if current window is maximized, the new window has the width/height of the screen but is not maximized.

I guess would be better if is opened with the width/height of the current window when is not maximized, or full screen or just to be able to specify w/h.

0 Likes

IMHO, the asterisk was not pretty but more obvious than the tiny bullet used in this build… and I already think that the asterisk was hardly visible.

0 Likes

Added Tools/New Snippet menu item <<
Many thanks Jon.
You’re my hero-of-the-day.

Question:
Can I embed a plugin within a snippet and have it trigger when I invoke the snippet?

Example:

• I have a timestamp.py plugin I use to insert timestamps; resides in User/time_stamp.py
  • I have a snippet to insert a pandoc-style header with a trigger of “pan-hdr”
    specific to my query the lines:
% CreateDate: ${3: CREATED-TIMESTAMP} % Last Change: ${4:TIMESTAMP}

I want to keep the Last Change entry o-manual – that is, only invoked when I enter the associated keybinding.
But it would be nice to have the snippet automagically put a CreateDate entry in for me.

1. Do I embed somehow my time_stamp.py in the #3 field?
  2. Is it better to “hard-code” some kind of strtime func there instead?

Tanks in advance,
/tom

0 Likes

If I clone a view, then both of the views will display the directory name even though they are in the same directory. Is this by design?
Thanks for the new build! I do like the disambiguating directory names.

0 Likes

Adaptive file name display is very nice !!
But I prefer simple path style like “admin/index.php” for display.
Will it be customizable or switchable ?
Thank you.

0 Likes

What platform are you on?

0 Likes

[quote=“tsyroid”]Can I embed a plugin within a snippet and have it trigger when I invoke the snippet?
[/quote]

You can do it the other way around: have the plugin trigger a snippet, e.g.,

view.run_command("insert_snippet", {"contents": "${1:DATE} $2", "DATE": calc_date()})
0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

What platform are you on?[/quote]

startup, version: 2077 windows x64 channel: dev

Personally, I like something that you notice at the first glance because I was hit more than once by a file not saved used in another application build process.
But it’s a minor annoyance and if I’m the only one thinking this way, feel free to forget it.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I’m planning on making the unsaved indicator an image at some point, which should resolve the visibility issues.

0 Likes

They don’t, no - there would be multi-threading issues to deal with to make this work (due to the async loading of files), and I’d rather avoid the complexity.

0 Likes

How about indicating a dirty file by changing the visual appearance of the close button, for example a red x

x unchanged_file.txt
x changed_file.txt

That way it’s easy to see the file is changed when you want to close the file. Besides the indicator doesn’t occupy more space.

0 Likes

Soda Theme - New Sublime Text 2 UI theme