Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2078

Dev Build 2078 is out now.

After many requests, files and folders dragged onto the dock icon in OS X (or opened via Finder) will open in a new window. They can be dragged onto an existing window to open in there instead. Folders opening in a new window is a clear win, but files less so - it may need to become a setting.

There’s a context menu item for Reveal in Side Bar, which will expand any open folders to show the current file. Ideally it would select the file too, but the side bar selection doesn’t work that way, it’s something I’d like to change in the future.

Otherwise there a few miscellaneous changes, some of which are important for ZenCoding, hence the back to back release with 2077.

0 Likes

Perfect :smile:

0 Likes

+1 :smiley:

thanks for the update!

0 Likes

Opening folders dragged onto the dock icon in OS X in a new window is great. Is there any way to make the subl command behave the same? I’m used to navigating to my project with ZSH & autojump then typing “mate .” - I would love to learn my fingers to type “subl .” instead :wink:

0 Likes

subl -n will do that

0 Likes

Hi Jon,

sorry to post a feature request here but could we have a key modifier that will open a selected project (from the ctrl alt p menu) in a new window? For example if you hold alt and press enter on the selected project.

0 Likes

I gave ST another try yesterday to see how development came along. Sparse documentation is a problem, is it OK to ask about stuff here? I’d ask in the technical support forum, but since ST2 is in beta, I’m not sure it’s the right place.

One of the first things I wanted to do is to setup file/directory exclude for individual projects. I see that in ST1 there’s direxclude in the mount elements, but I couldn’t figure out how to set this up in ST2 projects. How can I do that? is it possible yet?

0 Likes

hsoft,

In addition to the official documentation, you can refer to:

sublimetext.info/docs/en/index.html

Unfortunately, I don’t know whether one can do what you describe at the moment.

0 Likes

This is more a comment about 2077 than 2078, I think, but the subpixel antialiasing on my monitor looks really good. It was very noticeable when I upgraded (was away for a week). Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

subl -n will do that[/quote]

Thanks! I hadn’t noticed that option. However with mate “some file”, it opens the file in one of the earlier opened projects. Now I have to be careful which Sublime window was the last that was focused.

0 Likes