Sublime Forum

JSHint

I created a build package to run JSHint on the current JavaScript file.

github.com/uipoet/sublime-jshint

Presently, this utilizes the native Mac OS X JavaScript Core library and includes its own copy of jshint.js.

If you would like to request or contribute changes yourself, please submit issues or pull requests on Github and not as comments in this forum!

0 Likes

Great. Thanks you. Seems to be working just fine.

Perhaps the next step would be a two-in-one builder that generates js on the fly from a coffeescript file and then checks it?

I tried doing it but didn’t get very far, basically I tried to edit the build file to not check $file, but to check “coffee -cp $file”, which would return the compiled JS, but this didn’t seem to work, perhaps you can do something with this information.

0 Likes

I’m glad it’s working for you. I’m not using coffee-script, myself. Perhaps that’s a whole other build in and of itself. I’m trying to keep this one to just the one purpose, but will be expanding to support Node.js and add UI features as Sublime enables more interactivity with log feedback.

0 Likes

Working great for me, thanks.

Any easy way to have it run on save?

0 Likes

Ooft. I tried this on my Dads Mac, I need this in Windows since I use JavaScript in my work day.

0 Likes

Work well for me. Great integration. Many thanks.

How can i configure jshint options ?

0 Likes

I hate to say this, but jshint checking (real-time as well as on-demand) has been in the SublimeLinter plugin for a few weeks now. You can get it via the Package Control plugin or at:

github.com/Kronuz/SublimeLinter

You can configure the jshint options via a setting.

0 Likes