Sublime Forum

Installation guide for Zencoding into SublimeText 2

Hello,

Despite all threads and wiki about installation of Zencoding, I canā€™t find any clear and simple guide to install it as a plugin for sublimeText 2.
Instructions given on .txt file from the .zip package archive is a bitā€¦ light and useless.

Iā€™m very insterested in this plugin, but I canā€™t find a way to make it work on my sublimeText editor.

Could someone make an quick installation guide / notice for these different operating systems ?

• Windows XP
  • Windows vista / Windows 7 (x64)
  • Windows vista / Windows 7 (x86)
  • Mac OSX

Thanks a lot !
Cheers, Nicolas

0 Likes

Select Parent Tag

Press win+r (win 7 and win vista, maybe win xp too, iā€™m not using ancient software :smiley: ) and type: %appdata%\Sublime Text 2\Packages
Alternatively you can open the editor and go to Preferences->browse packages. In osx there is a shortcut similar to this but I donā€™t remember it how is called (menu bar-> first item (i think is file?) -> preferences -> browse packages)

You just extract the content of the archive into Packages, to have a structure like this:

Packages/zencoding/scripts Packages/zencoding/zencoding Packages/zencoding/zenmeta.py

and so on. Restart the editor and enjoy.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
Iā€™ve already tried your method, without any success.

These files are correctly installed on the package folder (x64) :

Packages/ZenCoding/zencoding/
Packages/ZenCoding/A1zen.py
Packages/ZenCoding/A1zen.pyc
Packages/ZenCoding/Default.sublime-keymap
Packages/ZenCoding/dynamicsnippets.py
Packages/ZenCoding/dynamicsnippets.pyc
Packages/ZenCoding/initzen.py
Packages/ZenCoding/initzen.pyc
Packages/ZenCoding/orphan
Packages/ZenCoding/README.txt
Packages/ZenCoding/tags
Packages/ZenCoding/zc.py
Packages/ZenCoding/zc.pyc

In windows 7 (x64), using the ā€œPreferences->browse packagesā€ fonctionnality just opens the package file in sublimeText, without seeming to install anything ?

Another question : once installed, does the plugin needs to be activated or something ?

0 Likes

restart the editor. Should be ok.

0 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m really not familiar with this repo system. How to install this (no file to download on bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublime-2-zencoding) ?
Is there a file to download, or a repository path to add into sublimeText ?

Thanks for your help :smile:

0 Likes

If sublimator canā€™t himself, Iā€™ll try to add some installation instructions to the readme file during the weekend.

0 Likes

@nicolulu: there is a ā€œdownloadā€ tab. bitbucket.org/sublimator/sublim ā€¦ et/tip.zip here is the direct link :smile:

0 Likes

@guillermooo : Nice, thanks a lot, from all newbies like me :wink:

@iamntz : Thanks, I was looking for a button to download. Bitbucket interface is not really user friendlyā€¦

0 Likes

I canā€™t find any real installation instructions for OSX. Iā€™ve read this thread and another thread, neither of which truly offer the installation process from start to finish.

Iā€™ve tried to copy the raw files as they exist into the ā€œpackagesā€ directory, restarted ST2 and nothing happened. Since I have no real idea how to follow the instructions using a Python command line, Iā€™m stuck.

Could someone please write out the full instructions for OSX? Thanks!

0 Likes

This is fantastic, thanks!

However, how do I select lines of text, then wrap them with some ZenCoding goodness?

Iā€™d like to select this:

one two three

Press some key combination - what is it?

Then type in this:

ul>li*

And end up with this:

[code]

• one

• two

• three
[/code]

I can do this just fine with the Notepad++ Zen Coding plugins, but I cant find the key config to do this in ST2.

For reference, Iā€™m using Sublime Text 2 Build 2095 x64 portable edition and sublimator-sublime-2-zencoding-2a9fd316ca93 downloaded today.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes

For future reference, the simplest way to install ZenCoding for Sublime is via Package Control. wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control

0 Likes

Iā€™m having issues with package control itself. It does nothing when paste and run the command as instructed in the guide.
It really does nothing. No success message. No error message.
I donā€™t see what Iā€™m missing.

Edit:

Uhm, scratch that. Just me being newb.

0 Likes

@thedeadserv
what have you done? because i have the same probleme :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œdestroy90210ā€]@thedeadserv
what have you done? because i have the same probleme :wink:[/quote]

Nothing will be printed if the installation was successful. I should probably update the command to print a success message.

Once the command is pasted in, restart Sublime and the Package Control commands will now be present in the command palette.

0 Likes

it says i dont have permission to download it why?

0 Likes