Sublime Forum

Changing Font Used in Files, Changing Tab Font

Hello,

Very happy to have heard that the 2.0 Beta was released. :smile:

Iā€™ve installed that besides 1.4, and am trying to make them the same.

I only use it for prose composition so there is some serious PEBKAC happeningā€¦

1. In v2.0 how do I change the font type used in text files? (and the default font size) - Seems different from 1.4 and no idea what ā€œfont_faceā€ is for, it didnā€™t like the value ā€œLucida Consoleā€ on my system, for instance.

2. Is possible to change the font type and size of the tab bar text, and to suppress display of the extension?

Any assistance most gratefully apprised.

Best regards,

0 Likes

OK. my bad, I did say I had some serious PEBKAC going on. :wink:

Found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2082&p=9547&hilit=change+font#p9546

Sorted.

As for question 2, that is still open and of interest to me, the v1.4 default tab font is a lot more legible than the v2.0 tab font on my XP system, so being able to define it would be neat.

Additionally can the close ā€œXā€ be suppressed with an option, as well as the suppressing the display of the extension? - I would like to trim as much wasted space (from my perspective) from the tabs, as I only cut prose and not code these days, and swap from netbook screen to external monitor. As far as I can tell with v1.4 for instance, rightmost tabs just truncated on a small screen and cannot be accessed.

Thank you.

PS: Just a vague reminiscence from my creaky, ancient, mostly forgotten, X-Windows days, but being able to theme all the GUI elements to say (Monokai) including the main pull down top menu would be way, way,cool, aesthetically text and editor being at one, zen elegance.

And in terms of total font and menu and GUI element proportioning and proportionate ā€œplasticisationā€ it could lead to an ā€œno fixed font surprisesā€ editing system that would a joy to use for sight challenged users as well. Perhaps in the V3.x branch!

Best regards,

0 Likes

You can hide the close button by creating a file called Default.sublime-theme in your User package, with these contents:

{
        "class": "tab_close_button",
        "content_margin": [0, 0]
    }
]

This will override the close button size in the theme, shrinking it to zero.

Thereā€™s no option to hide extensions though.

0 Likes

Thank you, JPS.

Best regards,

Brian

0 Likes