Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2081

Re: Dev Build 2081

Postby Anomareh on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:16 am

Few things I've run into, though not sure if they're all from this update, sorry :s I'm on Linux, Arch x86_64.

• Getting a lot of oddities with the cursor. Such as it getting stuck as the type writer bar no matter what it's hovering over as well as showing the 4-way resize cursor when in a 2 pane horizontal layout even though nothing can be resized horizontally.
  • The mouse_wheel_switches_tabs option only works when added to the user global settings even though it's already set to false in the default global settings.
  • With show_tab_close_buttons set to true the left padding of the text in the tab is larger than the right padding. Text runs pretty close to the right edge of tab.
Lastly, huge thanks for fixing the background font clipping bug! That has been driving me nuts for a bit. Also a quick feature request, I remember someone made a plugin for it a while back, but with all the options being added recently is one to hide the menu bar (file, edit, etc.) coming?
Anomareh

Postby jbjornson on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 am

Anomareh wrote:hide the menu bar (file, edit, etc.)

Have you tried View \ Hide Menu?

Code: Select all
{ "command": "toggle_menu" }
jbjornson

Postby Anomareh on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:54 am

jbjornson wrote:Have you tried View \ Hide Menu?

There is no hide menu option under view for me, and the toggle_menu command doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps you are using the plugin? Though I coulda sworn it was for ST1.
Anomareh

Postby bizoo on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:04 am

Anomareh wrote:
jbjornson wrote:Have you tried View \ Hide Menu?

There is no hide menu option under view for me, and the toggle_menu command doesn't seem to do anything. Perhaps you are using the plugin? Though I coulda sworn it was for ST1.

You're right, same for me on Ubuntu 11.04.
The changelog of ST2 state that it work on Windows only.
bizoo

Postby charlesroper on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 am

For some reason DirectWrite is not doing the rendering of my favourite coding font any favours. Actually, it seems to be the choice of colours in my theme that DirectWrite doesn't like much. With dark themes, coloured text (green, for example) looks terrible. With light themes, it looks lovely. Monokai looks pretty good but, to be honest, I prefer the old GDI ClearType for dark themes. Light themes I prefer DirectWrite. Definitely a good call leaving this as an option with the default off.
charlesroper

Postby jps on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Anomareh wrote:The mouse_wheel_switches_tabs option only works when added to the user global settings even though it's already set to false in the default global settings.

Yeah, that's expected - there's a "Default/Global (Linux).sublime-settings" that enables this by default for Linux, to match GTK functionality.

charlesroper wrote:For some reason DirectWrite is not doing the rendering of my favourite coding font any favours.

It seems, to me at least, to be quite variable based on the font - Courier New looks terrible under DirectWrite, while Consolas looks slightly better. I suspect this comes from many monospace fonts being design with GDI style rendering in mind. If you like coding in 36pt though, everything looks great with DirectWrite :)
jps
Site Admin

Postby senzo on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Not sure if it belongs here but anyway ;)

I tried to set line_padding_bottom file option to a negative value (The font 'Inconsolata' on mac has too much space below the lines). The line height is then perfect and the text is centered within selections etc. but the up/down arrow keys don't work anymore. Not sure if it is a bug or just not implemented.
senzo

Postby senzo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:16 am

The up/down arrow keys in combination with negative line_padding values seem to work now. Thanks.
senzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion