Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

New Style Tabs

Re: New Style Tabs

Postby mvm on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 pm

In fact, with sublime orientation on keyboard rather on mouse, and when quick panel of opened buffers is available, tabs become less relevant. It's like EMACS, ctrl-x ctrl-b - got buffer list, and no tabs are needed.
mvm

Postby jps on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:31 pm

mvm: agreed; I've got an item on my todo list to make the tab bar optional like the toolbar and statusbar are.
jps
Site Admin

Postby jps on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:30 pm

There are some changes in 20090315 now: tabs have a slightly flatter look, and per-tab close buttons are now the default, rather than the single close button on this right hand side. The latter can be changed by editing Application.sublime-options.

Tabs are now optional too, with a separate setting for full-screen mode. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+O (bound to Select File) is a viable alternative to using the tabs to switch between files.
jps
Site Admin

Postby SteveCooperOrg on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:42 pm

I don't get anything happening with the 'distraction-free' menu option; the normal full-screen works fine. If I'm in full-scren and hit S+F11, it returns me to the normal tab mode.

Also, I like the new tabs, and menu keypresses are improved -- Either (alt, f) or (alt+f) didn't work before for opening the file menu, and now they both do.
Maybe what you're looking for is at the http://www.sublimetextwiki.com
SteveCooperOrg

Postby jps on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 pm

SteveCooperOrg wrote:I don't get anything happening with the 'distraction-free' menu option;

That'll be the 'Extra Full Screen' package interfering with it (it uses Shift+F11, and takes precedence), you'll have to uninstall it manually.
jps
Site Admin

Postby otaku888 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:00 am

Really enjoying the extra polish, the new close buttons are much more discreet.
otaku888

Postby SteveCooperOrg on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:19 am

jps wrote:That'll be the 'Extra Full Screen' package interfering with it (it uses Shift+F11, and takes precedence), you'll have to uninstall it manually.

Sorry, jon, I must be missing somthing; I can't find anything in either of these folders;

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sublime Text\Pristine Packages
C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages

Where should it be?
Maybe what you're looking for is at the http://www.sublimetextwiki.com
SteveCooperOrg

Postby tgkeul on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Ctrl+Shift+O is very handy. I don't need the Tabs anymore. Normally I have more files open than fit on the tab bar. So I could not see all the open files at once anyway.

If only the menu bar could look as nice as the rest . I'm using XP, am I missing something?
tgkeul

Postby jps on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Steve:

Assuming you have installed the Extra Full Screen package that was linked on a blog post,I would expect there to be an 'Extra Full Screen' directory under Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages, as well as an 'Extra Full Screen.sublime-package' file in Application Data\Sublime Text\Pristine Packages and Application Data\Sublime Text\Installed Packages.

If it's not there, I'd be interested to know if the 'Full Screen (Distraction Free)' menu item works correctly when selected via the menu item, rather than via pressing Shift+F11

tgkuel: menu bar is always system default, yeah. It would look better if it was drawn in the same style as the rest of the application, I agree.
jps
Site Admin

Postby tgkeul on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Jon,
my Firefox uses the Aquatint Black Gloss theme and has a black menubar with white font. I assume they use a very different architecture than yours and it may take an enormous effort to realize it in sublime. But it shows the menubar has not to be system default.
This is not a problem to me - its just eye candy (but I love eye candies ;) ).
tgkeul

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion