Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2083

Still can’t make mouse_wheel_switches_tabs work. Added to User global settings, with no avail.

Also, when setting show_tab_close_buttons to false, there’s a disturbing and inconsistent shift in title letters of tabs when hovering them. Here’s what I mean: screenr.com/HBUs

Can we have a setting to disable close buttons on tabs forever? I keep on hitting them no matter what. Could be nice if “hover to show close button” was configurable too.

0 Likes

Assuming you’re on Linux and trying to disable it, there’s no reason it shouldn’t work if placed in the user global settings. You can type this in the console to verify the applied value:

sublime.load_settings('Global.sublime-settings').get('mouse_wheel_switches_tabs')
0 Likes

sublime.load_settings('Global.sublime-settings').get('mouse_wheel_switches_tabs')

Windows 7 64bit:

sublime.load_settings(‘Global.sublime-settings’).get(‘mouse_wheel_switches_tabs’)
True

Scrolling over tabs still does not change tabs though. Am I missing something? Here’s my user global prefs for reference:

// Place user-specific overrides in this file, to ensure they’re preserved
// when upgrading
{
“remember_open_files”: true,
“folder_exclude_patterns”: “.svn”, “.git”, “.hg”, “CVS”],
“file_exclude_patterns”: “.pyc", ".pyo”, “.exe", ".dll”, “.obj", ".o”, “.a", ".lib”, “.so", ".dylib”, “.ncb", ".sdf”, “.suo", ".pdb”, “.idb", “.DS_Store”, ".pdf”, “.class", ".png”, “.jpg", ".gif”],
“new_window_settings”:
{
“side_bar_visible”: false,
“status_bar_visible”: false,
“show_tabs”: true,
“show_minimap”: false
},
// Set to 0 to disable smooth scrolling. Set to a value between 0 and 1 to
// scroll slower, or set to larger than 1 to scroll faster
“scroll_speed”: 1.0,
“show_tab_close_buttons”: false,
“mouse_wheel_switches_tabs”: true
}

0 Likes

It’ll only work if you rotate the mouse wheel while the mouse cursor is over the tabs, and if the mouse wheel is detected as such. On Windows this means it must send a WM_MOUSEWHEEL message, and not use fractional scroll amounts.

This functionality isn’t new, the only recent change was turning it off by default on platforms other than Linux. It only exists to keep in line with typical GTK behaviour, and the only reason there’s even a setting for it is so that it can be turned off on Linux too - it’s not a nice bit of functionality IMO.

If you’re on Windows, a better option is to leave the setting off, and switch tabs instead by holding down the right mouse button and using the mouse wheel - it works without having to have the mouse over the tabs, won’t cause inadvertent switching, and works with fractional scroll amounts.

0 Likes

A small drawing problem with tabs:
If you start ST2 with tabs hidden and turn them on after, there’s a kind of transparent line in the bottom of them.

startup, version: 2083 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

OK, this is much nicer indeed! Thanks!

0 Likes

I’ve finally just started moving from ST1 to ST2 and felt I should mention a couple issues:

Noticed some behavior with the minimap that doesn’t seem right. When clicking somewhere outside the box that indicates the visible area, the place you end up scrolled to isn’t where you clicked.
The larger the file/ the farther you’re moving the box the more drastic the error seems to be. It doesn’t happen when the map is small enough for the whole thing be shown.

See attached GIF.

(And, while I’m on the subject of the minimap I’ll mention again that it would be nice to be able to scroll past the end with the map like you can with the scrollwheel or scrollbar) :smiley:

Keep up the good work.

• toothrot

0 Likes

That’s working as designed - when the minimap doesn’t show the entire file, something has to give. There’s a setting to change the trade-off in S1, but not in S2.

0 Likes

Ah, okay. However, I don’t see the usefulness of the current behavior, it’s not really different than the scrollbar at that point…
I would be glad to see the old behavior as an option in ST2, if not, I guess I’ll have to get used to dragging the view rectangle to where I’m looking on the map.

Can’t please everyone I suppose… thanks for the prompt explanation. :wink:

Addendum: I searched the forum before posting that, however I failed to look on userecho, where I see now that it’s mentioned:
(http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/43437-click-on-minimap-does-not-highlight-the-clicked-part-on-large-files/
http://sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/26724-shift-click-minimap-move-to-shown-location/)… whoops.

0 Likes

Actually, something wrong with it. Now I am using build 2083 with two columns layout. In left column files automatically saved sucessfully, but not in right column. Files in second column lose unsaved circle symbol but physically not saved.

0 Likes

Addition to my previous post. This problem occurs sometimes but not all times. It seems when file changed only in second column all saved ok, but when files changed in both columns not all files saved. Strange, I can’t find system in it.

0 Likes

Oh! Last file in second column (rightmost tab) not show “edited” circle symbol when file edited and this file not saved when focus lost. Problem definetly with rightmost file (tab) in second column when in two columns layout.

0 Likes

I’m not able to replicate this - files are consistently marked dirty for me when using a two column layout, including the rightmost one. I’d personally be surprised to find that the layout or position of a file influences if it gets marked dirty or not when editing.

0 Likes

Hm… After restart all works again, but some time latter this strange behaviour is repeated. I not understand how and when it happens again. It’s like mysticism. But this problem definitely exists :frowning:

0 Likes

Just to be clear, you’re finding that after some time, you can type in some files, and they don’t get marked as dirty?

Next time you see it, could you check and see if it’s just a case of the dirty indicator being clipped in the tab label, and the dirty indicator is perhaps still showing in the window title?

0 Likes

Yes. And when it happens in this file I have problems with undo: it undos not last changes but some past of them. :open_mouth: From 15 july I was see this many times, but have not time to post here. One guess I have - it is somehow connected to ZenCoding, becouse sometimes ZenCoding wrap command make so strange things it hard to discribe and after that I can’t undo this corrupted result. It just stuck in this broken code condition and I must revert file from last save.

Ok, next time I try to closely watch all what will happens.

0 Likes

YES!!! Problem with ZenCoding. Sometimes when doing wrapping multi-selections with ZenCoding alt+shift+w it is working wrong and exactly after that undo, dirty indicator and save on lost focus all broken.

0 Likes

I can’t seem to get anti-aliasing to look quite right - am I doing something terribly wrong? It seems that it’s only size 11 that looks terrible, every other size is fine.

Comparison in gedit:

0 Likes

Maybe try using “gray_antialias” rather than “subpixel_antialias”?

0 Likes

[quote=“lbarratt”]I can’t seem to get anti-aliasing to look quite right - am I doing something terribly wrong? It seems that it’s only size 11 that looks terrible, every other size is fine.

Comparison in gedit:[/quote]

I remember having the same problem with Monaco 11 with other text editors under Linux too. Can you try some other monospace font?

0 Likes