Sublime Forum

Project in 7

I know this is probably of no interest to anyone as the operating system concerned is only a beta, but I have found that the project file selection does not launch the file upon pressing enter in windows 7.

0 Likes

As in, double clicking on a .sublime-project file in explorer doesn’t open the project in Sublime Text?

That doesn’t happen anywhere yet, currently the only way to open a project is via the menu.

0 Likes

no, as in you can’t open a file at all by the normal method of pressing return. This is when using the Project quick panel launched by pressing ctrl+P.

0 Likes

I’m not sure this is an actual bug with the project, since I’m using Windows 7 on both my desktop and my laptop and pressing enter when selecting any files in the quick open dialog will open the file just fine for me. It’ll also open all matching files if there are multiple with no problems. I’m using the 20090224 beta.

0 Likes

Thanks for the updates - I’ll add this to the list of things to investigate in any case.

0 Likes

That’s strange. How frustrating! I’m using build 7000 with UAC turned off, and try as I might nothing opens using the project quick panel. Every other way of opening files works however.

0 Likes

Solved it! Sorry. All my fault.

I was accessing a project over the network and as soon as I mapped it as a network drive, it worked again.

I just had a hard drive fail on me so have been rebuilding my setup gradually and hadn’t got to that bit.

Apologies for wasting your time.

0 Likes