Sublime Forum

Alternate payment method

Hi,

I’ve sent a email to support asking if there was an alternate payment method. I’d even be willing to send a cheque, wait for it to clear, and get my serial then.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to pay up without using Paypal?

I have my reasons for not using Paypal, push comes to shove I’ll figure out a way, but I’d really rather not use that service.

Thanks in advance.

David.

0 Likes

Can you provide another payment method?

Jon will have to help you here. I believe that as an Australian merchant his options are limited. Other people have expressed concerns about PayPal, but I don’t think there’s a solution for this now.

0 Likes

My Paypal account was canceled earlier this month because I had more than one. (apparently this has been the case for the past 5 years and they just caught it - I never knew it was against the rules)

Regardless, they’ve told me there’s nothing I can do about it. I guess it’s a REALLY serious offense. I’m having trouble taking it seriously… until now, as I’d love to spend the 60 bucks on this software. My employer have promised to purchase licenses for the entire dev team but that could be another month or two. I would use it enough outside of the office to warrant a separate license for home… no paypal.

Hopefully Google checkout or direct purchase will show up in the future.

0 Likes

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it’s the only one on the subject.

I cancelled my PayPal account, due to their terrible business practices (namely, not permitting my funds to go to WIkiLeaks). Is there any other way to pay for a license?

0 Likes

PayPal is the only payment method, however a PayPal account is not required - you can pay with just a credit card

0 Likes

Unfortunately if you have a Paypal account with cards registered, Paypal block the use of that card ‘outside’ of an account. Not a problem as such - unless you subsequently close your account.

Given that I closed my Paypal account a while ago (them finally complying with EU anti money laundering legislation and having to ask people for copies of all their ID etc in the EU was the final incentive required to close it as I don’t trust Paypal with anything these days), I can’t ‘login’ to use the cards which leaves me with no means to buy a licence.

Please consider accepting an alternative means of payment as I can’t use either my personal or business cards as at some point or another they’ve all been associated with our (now closed) Paypal business account.

0 Likes

How about Paymate? The buyer is subjected to a 3% + nominal fee amount, but that’s peanuts on $59. (Or you could absorb it)

0 Likes