Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2084

[quote=“squ1b3r”]Something wrong with new version. It’s crashed about 20 times already :frowning:

P.S. MacOSX[/quote]

No problems on my end. Been using it since this morning. Mac OS Snow Leopard here.

0 Likes

Can you email me the crash report? What version of OS X?

0 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of crashes as well since upgrading to this version, on Arch Linux 64bit. I’m not sure how to generate a crash report…

0 Likes

I’m on Arch Linux x86_64 and haven’t crashed once yet :s

0 Likes

I can crash this build pretty easily on Linux by using my mouse scrollwheel.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Can you email me the crash report? What version of OS X?[/quote]

It happens on Snow Leopard and still happens on Lion too.

About crash report. What email I can use for it?

Yeah, for me too.

0 Likes

jps@sublimetext.com

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

jps@sublimetext.com[/quote]

Done.

0 Likes

Thanks! I believe the issue is caused by the blinking cursor, if the caret_style setting is changed to disable blinking, it should go away. Hopefully the next build won’t be too long away.

0 Likes

[quote=“que”]

Great! Thanks.
IMO wide blinking should be default.[/quote]

+1

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]

Great! Thanks.
IMO wide blinking should be default.
+1[/quote]

+1

0 Likes

Unless I’ve just happened to miss this setting for the past few versions (which I hope I haven’t, as I started writing a plugin to do it for me on save, but failed miserably when I didn’t know the ST2 API and the docs are for ST1) we also have another new setting which I’ve been longing for: trim_trailing_white_space_on_save (default false, I’ve overridden to true)

In addition to that, I don’t know how long this bug has been in (as I don’t use overwrite mode) but (and this may be dependent on caret style, I’m on the default of smooth) in overwrite mode, at the end of a line, the overwrite caret is just one pixel wide (trying to be as wide as the character under it which is a newline character and thus hidden. And at the beginning of a tabbed-in line, it assumes a tabwidth of 8 characters (I have 2) so it goes a bit funny.

Screenshots:

http://www.clevercherry.com/media/image/blogs/alex/overwrite-bol.png
http://www.clevercherry.com/media/image/blogs/alex/overwrite-eol.png

Obviously it doesn’t matter to me, as I pretty much don’t use overwrite ever. Just happened to notice it.

0 Likes

@alexrussell, In case you couldn’t solve the problem with your plugin, there’s some documentation here:

sublimetext.com/docs/2/

0 Likes

There seems to be a regression bug from 2083: “Tab close buttons will show on hover if hidden via show_tab_close_buttons” no longer works.

0 Likes

2085 is out now, with a fix for the crash introduced in 2084.

There are a few under the hood changes on the OS X side of things, too - this is the first build compiled on 10.7, although it’ll work on 10.6 and 10.7.

0 Likes

This is touched on in the 2084 change log: it received only negative feedback, so I took it out.

0 Likes

Too bad, I actually liked it. I guess people didn’t like the way the tab text moved on the hover. Oh well, keep up the great work!

0 Likes

Is the height of the build panel saved ?
It half work:
Open ST2 -> Build -> change height of the build panel -> close the panel -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Build -> (OK: The panel has the previous height) -> close the panel -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Build -> (OK: The panel has the previous height) -> close the panel -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Quit ST2
Open ST2 -> Build -> (KO: The panel height is reinitialized)

startup, version: 2085 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

I experienced a massive bug the other day…

Sublime crashed whilst I was editing a file, when I went to open it again, all of the content had gone. Nothing left, just the file. This was Dev Build 2083.

0 Likes

Anyone use lunixbochs’ sublimelint plugin? I think this last build may have effected it. Usually it will catch unused imports, and now it doesn’t.

Edit: nevermind, not sure what was going on. Works fine now.

0 Likes