Sublime Forum

Bug/Issue Tracking

Would it be helpful for ST2 to have a sort of bug/issue tracker system set up?

This might be helpful for when a new dev build is out to say ‘bug #345 is fixed’. It would also help people report issues easier, rather than using the forum system where they could get lost.

0 Likes

There kind of is already. We use UserEcho

0 Likes

jbrooksuk, I recall having read Jon prefers bugs to be reported in the forums? UserEcho is certainly terrible for commenting…

0 Likes

+1 for a dedicated bug tracker.
Searching for an already posted bug in forum is hard
And userecho is - for me at least - more for feature requests rather than bug reporting…

0 Likes

I hate UserEcho, and the way that jps answer at our bug reporting on forum.
I reported at least 7 things but no answer from jps.

I like this editor, but I expect to receive here on the forum some support regarding solving problems found or new reporting features (that are useful to us) to be added.

0 Likes

[quote=“oriceon”]I hate UserEcho, and the way that jps answer at our bug reporting on forum.

I like this editor, but I expect to receive here on the forum some support regarding solving problems found or new reporting features (that are useful to us) to be added.[/quote]

I think that every BUGS that I reported in this forum was solved in the next build.
I say BUGS, not WISHES.
It’s true that most of time there was no feedback from Jon except in the changelog, but as long the issue is resolved, that’s fine.
However I think as well that a bugtracker is a better tool for bug tracking than a forum. As long as the administration of it don’t take too much time.

And I’m not either a fan of UserEcho… I’m sure there are good ideas in it, but it take too much time to find them.

0 Likes

[quote=“oriceon”] hate UserEcho, and the way that jps answer at our bug reporting on forum.

I like this editor, but I expect to receive here on the forum some support regarding solving problems found or new reporting features (that are useful to us) to be added.[/quote]

I think jps is very active in the forum. Remember that he is the only developer of this editor. He could chat on the forum the hole day but wouldn’t have time to develop his product any more. Product support and communication with a hole community is very time-consuming and he does it really well.

Despite that is a forum definitifely a very bad place for bug tracking.

0 Likes

Was no wishes… Only one future that i ask. About bracelets background color, not only underlined…

0 Likes

I’ve never had problems with UserEcho. People have given feedback, Jon has and continues to close bugs. It seems to be working for him at the moment.

0 Likes