Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2088

Vote for it on UserEcho - sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 … ets-style/

0 Likes

A regression that happened a few builds ago, when Sublime reloads a file it sends the buffer back to the beginning rather than staying in place. This makes it a bit of a hassle when monitoring log files while debugging.

0 Likes

In your blog you said that support for Versions, Resume and auto-save in Lion would come eventually, so I was wondering if your statement above means these features won’t come before SublimeText 2 is released or does it mean these features will come through the dev channels after you release a new beta?

Thanks!

0 Likes

On Ubuntu 11.04 x64, build 2088 seg faults on start with the following message

quote: Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_accel_group_connect: assertion `accel_key > 0’ failed

(sublime_text:8935): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_remove_accelerator: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

(sublime_text:8935): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_remove_accelerator: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed

[1] 8935 segmentation fault ./sublime_text
*[/quote]

0 Likes

[quote=“zmanian”]On Ubuntu 11.04, build 2088 seg faults on start with the following message

quote: Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_accel_group_connect: assertion `accel_key > 0’ failed
/usr/bin/sublime-text-2: line 2: 8839 Segmentation fault /usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_text $*[/quote]

[/quote]

I am getting similar behavior, but I don’t think that accel key assertion is related to it. That I see printed out fairly early on, but the segfaults happen much later sometimes.

0 Likes

The Lion fullscreen functionality Apple introduced sucks. The simple “fill the screen” approach, although not the official Lion fullscreen approach, was wayyyyy better than it is now. I propose moving the fullscreen mode back to the way it was and discontinue Lion’s fullscreen support.

0 Likes

+1 for that.
Should be a way of selecting how full screen act.

0 Likes

Odd. I think Lion implementation is much better. Having your own space is great, and you can move back to normal mode by moving the cursor to the top. The main issue right now is multiple monitor support for spaces…

0 Likes

@jps

I’ve noticed that if you do CMD + T and try and use your keypad to navigate up/down, it does not function correctly. You need to type something first for it to work (even space works).

CMD + R does not have this problem.

0 Likes

As a Lion user, I have to say I’m not a fan of switching to the OS’s fullscreen mode, primarily because I work with two monitors, and it’s pretty much useless in that configuration.

The old fullscreen mode was much better for a few reasons:

• you could cmd-` between two projects in fullscreen mode

• you could have ST2 in fullscreen on monitor 1 and your File Manager/FTP app in monitor 2 (or Netflix streaming … or Terminal)

• the transition between fullscreen and non-fullscreen wasn’t a full second of sliding, oozing, fading fullscreen animation (I’m on a 13" c2d mbp, not so speedy)

• more I’m sure, this was just in the first 5 seconds of trying to use it…

I’ve never been a fan of Spaces on OS X, and shoehorning apps-as-fullscreen in as a Space seems to be fine for work on your MacBook, but we dinosaur powernerds on 24"+ dual screen setups are left out of the equation.

Maybe this is behavior we’ll see fixed in 10.7.1, but I doubt it. And I’m sure maintaining two types of fullscreen mode in ST2 would be as much of a pain as it would be confusing for users.

0 Likes

I agree with speby, but let me put a use case around it:

When I use Sublime Edit, I have iTerm open filling up one screen and Sublime Edit open filling another screen. Unfortunately OS X Lion doesn’t include support for multiple full-screen applications at the same time (each on its own screen) so my only option is to use the Sublime Edit “classic” fullscreen functionality.

Unfortunately iTerm also switched over to the Lion fullscreen API, so also now see titlebar at the top of the screen when I “fill screen”.

I could see a few options for this: (1) sublime edit has a multi-pane terminal interface similar to iTerm that I could use to fill the alternate screen or (2) have some sort of way to enable the “classic” fullscreen mode again.

0 Likes

Is it just my setup, or does the “goto anything” grow wider as you type in the text field?

I loaded the default theme, opened the box with CMD+P, started typing and it gets larger horizontally with each keypress.

Anyone else experiencing that behavior?

0 Likes

It does indeed - will fix for the next build.

I’ll also add a setting to disable lion style full screen for the next build - I have to maintain two ways to use full screen in any case, for 10.6 compatibility

0 Likes

I love lion’s fullscreen on my air, but I agree I don’t think I’d like it as much on a dual-monitor setup. maybe apple will fix it.

0 Likes

Great news! Thank you.

0 Likes

One regression I noticed with the last few builds on OS X:
With nothing selected, I used to be able to quickly duplicate a line by cmd-C and cmd-V. On Windows, when I paste the duplicated line, it always generated a new line for me, no matter where the caret was. On OS X, it will paste the duplicated line wherever the caret is, e.g. in the middle of the existing line. I don’t know if that was intentional, but I really liked how it worked in Windows.

0 Likes

Not so much a regression, just a not-implemented-yet thing - it’s always been this way on OS X and Linux. I’d like to support this eventually on these platforms, but it’s not high on the priority list atm.

0 Likes

On Lion, with the disappearing scroll bars, there’s nothing to distinguish one column from another. Maybe a gutter between two window panels?

One could use the line numbers to help break up the sea-of-black (my theme’s background), but I can’t make the line numbers a different color, so they also look odd, a sort of disembodied column of numbers.

Could also make the scrollbars permanent, but I like them disappearing.

Anyway:

• Need a gutter between columnar panels

• Need to be able to theme the line numbers

The first is the required because of Lion’s disappearing scroll bars, the second is something I’ve been hoping to see just because.

0 Likes

zentrope: You can use the ‘gutterForeground’ key in .tmTheme files to change the gutter text color

0 Likes

what about changing the gutter background? I tried gutterBackground and that didn’t work. I’m assuming this functionality has not yet been implemented and hope it can be someday?

0 Likes