Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Is there anyone out there still using S1?

Re: Is there anyone out there still using S1?

Postby saivert on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 pm

most likely yes because there are a lot of sublime-packages (plugins addons whatever) that only works with 1.x.
Yet to be upgraded to work with 2.x

especially the ones listed here. http://sublimetext.info/packages/
saivert

Postby guillermooo on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 pm

I might be shutting down the packages section of sublimetext.info soon. I think it's confusing people rather than helping. The Sublime Text org at GitHub should become the main "index" until something better's available.

I had S1 installed until recently, but I hadn't used it in ages.
guillermooo

Postby jbrooksuk on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 pm

I have plans to restart the AutoIt package, no idea who did it before, but it needs updating :)
jbrooksuk

Postby guillermooo on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:30 pm

I would rather Bitbucket caught up with GitHub, but as it stands, that won't happen for another hundred years. :)
guillermooo

Postby alexrussell on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

I definitely agree with binning the ST1 Plugins section from sublimetext.info, I tried installing a few of those and wondered why they all managed to typo "sublime_plugin" in the import statement. Then, when I fixed that little bug, I realised that they were for ST1 9due to a few other bugs!)

Maybe it's clearly indicated but I obviously didn't see it, so yeah, taking it does or at least putting a huge banner there would probably help us n00bs quite a bit.
alexrussell

Postby ehamiter on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Can we at least separate the docs for ST1 and ST2? Or permanently archive the ST1 docs? It's kind of confusing trying to guess which version a particular document is referring to.
ehamiter

Postby Turotulco on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 pm

I just found ST last week, so I am just a n00b getting started. I agree that the S1 references can be a bit confusing. Most of my information has come from looking at the sources and experimenting, that, and these forums. The only plugins I've tried are AAAPackageDev and I'm looking over Zencoding. These forums seem the best docs available at the moment, and that is fine.

Thanks so much for the effort on this package! You will most assuredly be getting my check soon. I've not had so much fun with an editor since discovering brief for DOS in 1986.
Turotulco

Return to General Discussion