Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Dev Build 2092

Dev Build 2092

Postby jps on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Dev Build 2092 is out now. This is primarily a collection of fixes that have come to light since the last regular build.

The behavior when opening files from the command line has changed a little when used in conjunction with virtual desktops (Linux) or Spaces (OS X). Previously, if a window wasn't open on the current desktop, one would be created. Now, files passed on the command line will be opened in the last used window irrespective of the desktop it's on - this is especially important on Lion, where full screen applications get allocated a Space of their own. You can force a new window to be created on the current desktop via the '-n' parameter.

There are a pair of new API functions on the Settings object, add_on_change(key, callback) and clear_on_change(key). on_change callbacks are run when any of the settings has changed, either due to the underlying file being reloaded, or set() has been called.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby iamntz on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks for the update.
I noticed a bug. Watch what's happening when i hit up/down arrow http://screencast.com/t/bn935nYXg
iamntz
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:52 am
Location: Romania

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby Anomareh on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 pm

jps wrote:The behavior when opening files from the command line has changed a little when used in conjunction with virtual desktops (Linux) or Spaces (OS X). Previously, if a window wasn't open on the current desktop, one would be created. Now, files passed on the command line will be opened in the last used window irrespective of the desktop it's on - this is especially important on Lion, where full screen applications get allocated a Space of their own. You can force a new window to be created on the current desktop via the '-n' parameter.

Spectacular! Been waiting for this forever.
Anomareh
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby jps on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:56 pm

iamntz wrote:Watch what's happening when i hit up/down arrow http://screencast.com/t/bn935nYXg

I have no idea what's going on there, could you write a description of the actual and expected behavior? Videos by themselves aren't very helpful.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby iamntz on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 am

Basically the texts scroll up when i press up/down arrows, even if there is not enough text to scroll. Make sense?
iamntz
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:52 am
Location: Romania

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby jbrooksuk on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am

The added feature of showing the project name in the titlebar when there are no files open is not working properly. My project is called "xclusivity-v2" but the titlebar shows "xclusivity-v2)" either the extra ) needs removing, or one needs adding before it :)

Also, I've been experiencing a lot of slow downs while only editing files, no plugins are being accessed during this time.
jbrooksuk
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 am
Location: England

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby jps on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm

iamntz wrote:Basically the texts scroll up when i press up/down arrows, even if there is not enough text to scroll. Make sense?

Not really, sorry.

sublimator wrote:There's seems to be issues with the add_on_change settings callback. If you call again with the same key it just appends the callback.

This is by design, so a plugin can remove a bunch of callbacks easily. I agree though, it's not ideal wrt module reloading.

jbrooksuk wrote:Also, I've been experiencing a lot of slow downs while only editing files, no plugins are being accessed during this time.

Please remove all plugins and see if this is still happening.
jps
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby lunixbochs on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 pm

jps wrote:it's not ideal wrt module reloading.
as long as there are no issues calling clear() extra times, we could get in the habit of clearing before adding during dev...

sublimator wrote:If you use more than one callback you'd use a different key wouldn't you?
I'd think you would just add all callbacks under a key for your plugin. I can't think of a huge use case where you'd be clearing/adding multiple different callbacks in the middle of your plugin. even so, you could just prefix with plugin and clear a list on reload

I think when I do the module dev plugin I might be able to hook api calls and do stuff like automatically clear regions and callbacks on reload
lunixbochs
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Dev Build 2092

Postby wbond on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 pm

jps wrote:There are a pair of new API functions on the Settings object, add_on_change(key, callback) and clear_on_change(key). on_change callbacks are run when any of the settings has changed, either due to the underlying file being reloaded, or set() has been called.


Thanks for these new functions, they work great, and are very useful!
wbond
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 am

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], skuroda, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests