Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2092

Dev Build 2092 is out now. This is primarily a collection of fixes that have come to light since the last regular build.

The behavior when opening files from the command line has changed a little when used in conjunction with virtual desktops (Linux) or Spaces (OS X). Previously, if a window wasn’t open on the current desktop, one would be created. Now, files passed on the command line will be opened in the last used window irrespective of the desktop it’s on - this is especially important on Lion, where full screen applications get allocated a Space of their own. You can force a new window to be created on the current desktop via the ‘-n’ parameter.

There are a pair of new API functions on the Settings object, add_on_change(key, callback) and clear_on_change(key). on_change callbacks are run when any of the settings has changed, either due to the underlying file being reloaded, or set() has been called.

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.
I noticed a bug. Watch what’s happening when i hit up/down arrow screencast.com/t/bn935nYXg

0 Likes

Spectacular! Been waiting for this forever.

0 Likes

I have no idea what’s going on there, could you write a description of the actual and expected behavior? Videos by themselves aren’t very helpful.

0 Likes

Basically the texts scroll up when i press up/down arrows, even if there is not enough text to scroll. Make sense?

0 Likes

The added feature of showing the project name in the titlebar when there are no files open is not working properly. My project is called “xclusivity-v2” but the titlebar shows “xclusivity-v2)” either the extra ) needs removing, or one needs adding before it :smile:

Also, I’ve been experiencing a lot of slow downs while only editing files, no plugins are being accessed during this time.

0 Likes

Not really, sorry.

This is by design, so a plugin can remove a bunch of callbacks easily. I agree though, it’s not ideal wrt module reloading.

Please remove all plugins and see if this is still happening.

0 Likes

as long as there are no issues calling clear() extra times, we could get in the habit of clearing before adding during dev…

I’d think you would just add all callbacks under a key for your plugin. I can’t think of a huge use case where you’d be clearing/adding multiple different callbacks in the middle of your plugin. even so, you could just prefix with plugin and clear a list on reload

I think when I do the module dev plugin I might be able to hook api calls and do stuff like automatically clear regions and callbacks on reload

0 Likes

Thanks for these new functions, they work great, and are very useful!

0 Likes