Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2093

Dev Build 2093 is out now, with a few more misc fixes.

There’s also a new API function, view.command_history(), which allows accessing elements on the undo/redo stack, to find out what commands have been run on a buffer - details are in the API reference.

0 Likes

I’m getting fairly frequent crashes using 2092 & 2093 on OS X 10.7. Attaching a zip of 3 crash reports from today. I haven’t seen ST2 crash much at all since I started using it a few months ago, though I do have a few more crash reports back to 2081 on 7/13 if you want them.

I can’t see a common cause of the crashes, but I’ll try to be more aware of what I’m doing the next time it crashes.
st2-beta-crashes.zip (42.6 KB)

0 Likes

Thanks for the report - it should be fixed now in 2094.

0 Likes

Jon,

Thank you for ST2! I am a happy owner, and will try to convert as many Objective-J TextMate users to ST2 as possible with the Objective-J support I’m working on.

There are two things you could do which would help you and us a lot:

1. Please enable some sort of RSS feed on the forum. It’s a real drag having to login, click “View new posts”, then click on each topic and “First unread post” for each one. The forum software supports subscriptions to forums, but that seems to be disabled.

2. Please start using a real issue tracker like http://lighthouseapp.com instead of userecho.com. userecho.com has accumulated a huge pile of stuff, and there is no way to turn off the items that have been resolved, no way to change their status, no way to put them in milestones, etc. As a software author myself, I can say from experience that having a real issue tracker makes a world of difference.

Thanks again for ST2 and keep up the great work!

0 Likes

I’ve been experiencing fairly frequent crashes on the Linux version of builds 2092, 2093 and 2094. It seems to happen every few times I save a .py file in a package I’ve been writing. I spent some time trying to create a simple way to reproduce, but I was unable to. I can send you the package files if that would help.

0 Likes

It’d be great if you could run under gdb and send me a stack trace the next time it happens:

gdb ./sublime_text
run

then if you get a crash, generate a stack trace:

bt

…and send me the output.

0 Likes

Jon, regarding command_history() …when undoing/redoing… is it possible to have a flag there that the command is the result of an undo/redo? it currently shows “inserts” from undo/redo as regular inserts by the user.

0 Likes

Is there any way to find out what exactly has changed? For example, I can now tell if someone ran the “toggle_comment” command, but I can’t really tell what that did to the buffer—I’d need to know the syntax, where the selections are, etc, and that’s just for that one command. Is there some way to find out not just that the command modified the buffer (passing True as a second argument) but rather what that modification was?
Thanks!

0 Likes