Sublime Forum

Bug when openning a file

well, i got a bug, when i have a open file, and then i clicked to open another(one click) i got the content for another file in the tab of the old file, then i double click the file and now ready to go.
sry if its a feature i just fell this behave a little strange

==> edit: im in ST2

0 Likes

This is working as designed - clicking once on a file in the side bar will preview it, and double clicking or editing it will assign a tab to it. This allows you to investigate several files without cluttering up the list of open tabs.

0 Likes

I have been looking for a textmate replacement and sublime is the best editor I have tested so far but this is the one thing that stops me from switching. Hope that there will be an option to disable the “preview” feature.

0 Likes

I also think that disabling the preview functionality should be an option, as I’ve grown used to opening files with a single click in Textmate.
Even though it’s usually easier to open files by using CMD+T and typing, sometimes it’s faster to hunt the correct file in the Folders tree.
Sublime Text 2 is a lot faster than Textmate and it’s now really close to a state where it could replace Textmate totally for me, so please consider adding this as an option :smile:

0 Likes