Sublime Forum

SCSS Package - what can I remove

I’m working on a SCSS package here:

github.com/kuroir/SCSS/tree/SublimeText2

I’ve removed most stuff from the TextMate bundle, but I’ve left a few things in there that I’m unsure about. Could someone with more experience cast an eye over the repo and let me know what is definitely not needed. For example, “smart typing pairs.tmPreference” - those are defined elsewhere in ST2, no?

0 Likes

Creating/converting a textmate bundle?
SCSS support

Completions and smart typing pairs won’t be used, the other .tmPreferences files will be. Ideally the completions would be converted into .sublime-completions files

0 Likes

I think most of the completions are covered by Zen, which you’re including in a future release, no?

0 Likes

I’ve removed completions and smart typing pairs. Jon, what are the chances this package will be included in core? We have an outstanding issue and it would be good to close it one way or another:

github.com/kuroir/SCSS/issues/47

It would be really nice to point people new to SCSS to ST2 as the editor of choice - no faffing about with git clones and the like - just install, and it’ll work with SCSS out of the box.

0 Likes

The toggle comment command doesn’t seem to work. Is this dependent on comments.tmPreferences? It has worked in the past…

0 Likes

@charlesroper, I just added the SCSS and Less support to SublimeCodeIntel (github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel)… still is probably incomplete and it works only for OS X at the moment (until a few binaries are recompiled), but give it a try if you can.

0 Likes

Cool, but I’m on Windows so can’t test until those binaries are recompiled.

Quick question: when you say it supports Sass and Less, what does it support exactly? E.g., jump to symbol def?

0 Likes

How doable would it be to add Compass support? It’s well documented here and a perfect candidate for both auto-complete, jump to symbol def and tool tips. Seeing as Sass (SCSS) is part of Rails now and that most people use Compass with Sass, they’re set for a sharp rise in popularity, so I think it would blow quite a few minds.

0 Likes

@charlesroper, I’m quite familiar with Compass and SCSS, I made a pure python implementation of SCSS that I constantly use in production (github.com/Kronuz/pyScss) which is compatible with Compass. Currently, however, SublimeCodeIntel supports completions and function call tips only. The jump to definition doesn’t seem quite ready yet, however there’s a chance that feature will come soon enough, particularly now both Less and SCSS are being roughly supported by the CodeIntel2 engine from Open Komodo.

0 Likes

With regards to the toggling of block comments, the issue is that the .tmLanguage marks up any whitespace following the block comment (including newline characters) as being commented.

Default/comment.py tries to remove block comments by expanding the current selection to the scope that it’s in, and then checking if the region beings and ends with the block comment markers: having the trailing whitespace included in the comment scope confuses this, and also causes visible whitespace to render in the wrong colour.

I’d be happy to include SCSS in the default discribution, btw

0 Likes

@Kronuz - that’s awesome that you’re the maintainer of pyScss - I hadn’t realised (obviously!). So you’re all over adding in full support for SCSS as and when it gets added upstream?

@jps - Thanks. Not sure why it was including whitespace. My guess is that it’s a hangover from the Sass whitespace sensitive syntax. I’ve changed it now to be essentially the same as the CSS comments. If you’re happy with it, you can include the package in the default distro.

0 Likes