Sublime Forum

After full screen tips

Greetings - Two quick questions please…

• I’d like to launch sublime in full screen mode instead of having to press F11. Is there a command line arg for it?

• When I work in full screen mode I turn the menu and tabs off. Is there a simple keystroke to show me all the files I’ve got loaded and so I can move around and select one (not using a project directory)?

0 Likes

cmd+p should show you the list of all open files in the window. If you’ve got a project, it’ll show you all the files in the project, but if not it’ll just show the open files.

0 Likes

Nope - sorry doesn’t work on Microsoft Windows.
Full screen Ctrl+P does nothing unless I have a project open.
Bug?

Also, any ideas on starting in full screen (–fullscreen would be a good arg).

0 Likes

Weird. Works great over here on OS X. Maybe it is a bug.
You’re using ST2, right?

0 Likes

I think the cmd/ctrl+p on OSX maps to “goto anything” whereas you need “goto file” for the list of open+profect files. On Windows there is no map for “goto file” by default (it’s cmd+t in OSX), so you should just be able to add one in to your user keybindings and it’ll give you the dropdown.

The keybinding for “goto anything” in the default keybindings is:

{ “keys”: “ctrl+p”], “command”: “show_overlay”, “args”: {“overlay”: “goto”} },

So try this line for “goto file”: (ctrl+alt+f here, but whatever you want)

{ “keys”: “ctrlalt+f+”], “command”: “show_overlay”, “args”: {“overlay”: “goto”, “show_files”: true} },

However, the current build of ST2 is ignoring user defined keybindings so I’d wait until that’s files otherwise you’ll be tearing your hair out!

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]Weird. Works great over here on OS X. Maybe it is a bug.
You’re using ST2, right?[/quote]

I wasn’t - now I am. Thanks for the tip.

Now I see the following…

1. Full screen still shows menu. If I turn that off I can’t figure out a way to show it again. Help?
  2. Status bar used to tell me what language binding is being used - not anymore. Would be good if it showed the current file (then I can turn tabs off).
  3. Still can’t launch in full screen mode.
  4. Ctrl+P does indeed bring up field but I need to start typing (at least one character) and then backspace to show full list again.
0 Likes

If you press alt it should show the menu. I don’t think there’s any way around the rest of the things you mentioned, though.

0 Likes

Thanks - that’ll have to do for the moment…

0 Likes

I also wish to know how this is done. How/where do you set this up to happen automatically on program launch?

0 Likes