Sublime Forum

Is there a way of receiving mail notification on this forum?

I can’t find any link to subscribe threads, neither a option to activate email notifications on new messages…

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

+2

0 Likes

+1 Yes please. Very difficult to track threads I’m participating in without subscriptions.

0 Likes

I think we should ditch the forum in favor o user echo.

Or at least remove all the duplicate sections from the forum, and use it only for small talk…

0 Likes

Or just enable the notification capabilities + add navigation breadcrumb.

And find a way of coordinate user echo and forum.

The only downside of user echo is the topics are sorted by number of up votes by default. That causes new threads to get lost, take a while to get seen and loose input.
Fortunately that is a setting which can be set by the forum admins: http://feedback.userecho.com/topic/5427-is-it-possible-to-change-default-sorting-type-as-for-forum/

If user echo sorts topics by Last Updated by default the it would work exactly like the forum, but with notifications, votes and better design.

0 Likes

This lack of notifications slowly starts to be a serious issue. Very hard to track.

0 Likes

www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6388

It’s possible to do so with the current forum software, but likely disabled by default.

0 Likes

Notifications would be great - in the meantime, the “New Posts” url is what I check most frequently:

search.php?search_id=newposts

0 Likes

Or, even better: search.php?search_id=active_topics :wink:

0 Likes

Yes notifications please, they would be very useful.

0 Likes

I know this is old, but this is a serious problem. phpBB provides notifications. Can an admin please turn this on?

0 Likes